Mixing red and blue

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'll get in first before some wise ass like me replies purple.

I had started to collect some red parts for a GT lightning build. Red hope cranks, headset and a few other bits. I've also got a fair bit of blue, and have just added to that by buying some blue hubbed wheels.

I'm now thinking about mixing the two anno colours on the build, kind of stars and Stripes scheme without the stars I guess, but not sure if it will work.

Looking for inspiration or evidence of builds that pull this off. Or to be shot down for contemplating such nonsense.

There will of course be some black involved. 27.4 post limits options so have a black Thompson, would probably match stem though could go ti there, and bars (might have some X-lite with red end caps). Rims are black, tyres too, though could have tan walls I suppose). Forks probably pace rc38s so black with grey decals.

Can it be pulled off?

Yep, 100%

The Ti finish on the Lightning will make the red and blue pop nicely…Don’t overdo it and it’ll look awesome matey! 👍🏼

…Oh…And tanwalls Ian…Always tanwalls 👌🏼😘

It's a bit of a change to my original plan of black and red. I will do a build thread when I get round to doing it.

I went that kind of way on my S Works… although the red frame kinda hides it a bit.

It’s on blue Hope hubs, headset and one brake noodles. And red RaceFace Crankset, Club Roost bars, opposing brake noodle. I guess the forks fit in there too with the blue.

IMG_4788.jpeg

Thanks for the pic, helpful for me. I think I'll give it a go. Red hope headset, cranks and post clamp, blue hubs qrs and possibly blur crank bolts for the Evo cranks. Blue pedals, grip clamps and maybe a mix of red and blue boss bolts. Might run blue brakes and levers (Paul's copies by prg and tech lite levers), though had initially planned red dx brakes and 1x10 x9 red rear mech and shifter, and perhaps a red clamp for xo shorter, as could go 1x11 if wheel set allows

Back