Missing item in post, HELP!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I've found the receipt this morning, shows I posted it second class not tracked. Could of sworn that's not what I would of asked for with an item such as this. however the local postmasters are Chinese and there is a definite language barrier with them so who knows :?

Looks like you are stuffed then.

Expensive way to learn the lesson.....

Unless it's still to turn up!
Is there anyway that you can deactivate it through iTunes?

Re:

Even if it does turn up, who's to say whether the guy would cancel the case. It's an easy £150 for doing nothing, Depends on the decency of the buyer

I've got a baby on the way, and I'm trying to sell a few things to put a bit of money aside for his future so I really don't need this. You guys say it's just a lesson learned but it's more than that. The thought of someone trying to rip me off makes me really angry

Sean

You're stuffed. Even if the guy is honest and it genuinely hasn't turned up, you've entered into a contract with him to supply the goods, and that obligation doesn't cease simply because you've handed the goods to the Royal Fail.

Yup. What he said.
If it doesn't turn up, you lose £150. (As 2nd class isn't very well insured)
If it turns up, and he's dishonest, you lose. Again.
If it turns up, and he closes the case, you'll be ok.

Re:

It pisses me off when I pay for insured postage and items turn up without it. I am honest so I don't take advantage but it happens pretty often.

I can't fathom why anyone would send something worth over a tonne second class without insurance, when I sell gear it is already packaged and ready to ship before I list it. It is a lesson to learn, and the hardest part is to admit you have messed up and cost yourself money. Just sell a few things you have laying around, and chalk it up to swings and roundabouts.

Baby on the way? Get ready for lots more pressure than posting a few bits and bobs.

Re:

I never said this is putting me under pressure :roll: I'm calling it a major annoyance that £150 of my money that I can't afford to lose by the way is going back to this guy that is quite possibly scamming me. If it has gone missing (which I doubt) then the blame for this does not lie with me, more the company I paid for a service I have not received ie. royal mail

Buyers treat people trying to raise cash as if they're dealing with a large company, I don't have any contracts or policies, i sell something and drop it off at the post office, It's really that black and white. I've done nothing wrong to lose this packet, I sold it, I posted it and if it goes missing then a refund should be to my disgretion or from the company that so say lost it in the first place.

I've known this happen to a few people selling iphones. I doubt very much it's missing, but you have no comeback either way. Open a case with royal mail but you are only covered up to £41 (?) at most. If the item is worth more, than you might not be covered at all (as you have used inappropriate post)

coomber":il7ewb5y said:
I've known this happen to a few people selling iphones. I doubt very much it's missing, but you have no comeback either way. Open a case with royal mail but you are only covered up to £41 (?) at most. If the item is worth more, than you might not be covered at all (as you have used inappropriate post)

+1

Unfortunately it's up to you to purchase postage with the correct item value cover (standard Royal Mail cover is only up to £20 or £50 if signed for) just in case it goes missing.

You unfortunately haven't covered yourself. I know I sometimes think "is it worth the extra £3/4 on top of standard postage", "surely it'll get there alright" - cases like this remind me to just pay the extra!

Also from past experience, PayPal have put an hold on your account so they can refund the buyer from your PayPal balance, or if you have insufficient funds in your PayPal account - they WILL take it from the bank account you have on file with them that you withdraw your funds to...it's a vicious little circle. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back