Merlin XLM Damaged on eBay - 🤬🤬🤬

Pure muppet behaviour. Been mulling over how to fix these Ti tubing dings for years. Could a modified shortened 90deg metal tool ( like used or car panel dents) be inserted after post removal and the dents pushed out ? Maybe a high pressure balloon inserted inside and inflated. The balloon would need to have a very restricted hydraulic expansion profile so as not to over inflate. Surely, it must be possible. 🤔 I know Ti is stiff, flexy to a point. Having experimented a bit with cut Ti tubes, denting them and forcing wood dowels inside, its possible but the issue is always access. 🤔

Wow.
Just why? I don't even understand.

So annoying especially given how easy it it would have been to remove with a little know how.

Hi

Quick question if this was not damaged how much would it be worth?

Thanks

J
IMO £500 - £1300. Condition is everything. It would be interesting to know if the damaged tubes can be repaired or replaced and how much, I suspect much more than a good condition frame is worth but who knows?

So, I emailed Merlin with photos of the damage to see if it can be fixed and how much (I know, trust me I know) but they sent a rather terse reply stating they don’t do repairs. I tried.🙄

Back