Merlin Ti Elevator FS | Update 1 (components)

legrandefromage":23g705wr said:
Its upside down:

Was your mouth out young man, this is no times for games, you will be marked on your answers at the end of the exam............lol

the shopping basket was funny mate..... :cool:

Merlin

It's what they called an "Elevator" ;) old riding pal of mine bought one made to measure, direct from Merlin, BITD, went over to the 'States and had himself measured and watched it being built, (think it took nearly a week to build) then rode it for a week around Socal's best trails.
Frame only back then, was a staggering 4800 Sterling. They were prone to pedal induced bob though, but he always kept up with everyone else!

I think the bike has been sussed!!!

Hint below of some of the NOS kit to be fitted...

Attachments

• xtrnoschainset.jpg
    xtrnoschainset.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,253
Merlin full suspension by any chance?Still have the MBA article at my Dads house,RC35's and Firestone airbag rear shock,awesome if it is,bloody cool if it's 'just' a regular Merlin e-stay though. :D :D

sinnerman":hsbaj50q said:
i do have a set of stunning grafton cranks for that, if you did decide to build in a similar way to the 5k mag review,.?

Not sure on which cranks they are? Do you have any pics and a link to the mag review?

Oh yeah, seen that review sorry yep.

Love the grafton crankset (alot) but going for another build influence (all to be revealed soon).

Back