Meet "Max" - My old friend has returned (Pic Heavy)

Re:

nice to see an upgrade from a Raleigh max to a Zaskar, quite cool, my upgrade 'I considered' was a Raleigh euro to a GT karakoram elite.

RBG

Maybe you should get in touch with Gil on here as he can help out with decals even if it's just the Raleigh name it will look pretty cool and seen as your not worried about keeping it original put some Lx cranks on as they would look the part on your marvellous looking ride ,,

Re:

Nice story,

Glad you got it back, and looking great!

Let me know if you want to sell the blue bar ends, I can find them a home ;)

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":xyxmr3n8 said:
Nice story,

Glad you got it back, and looking great!

Let me know if you want to sell the blue bar ends, I can find them a home ;)

Mike

Thanks. They're a bit scratched but I'll PM you some pics tomorrow.

Muddy paw":3ly5jyxg said:
Maybe you should get in touch with Gil on here as he can help out with decals even if it's just the Raleigh name it will look pretty cool and seen as your not worried about keeping it original put some Lx cranks on as they would look the part on your marvellous looking ride ,,

Will do, thanks. As you say, just the Raleigh name in the same style would be cool.

Re:

I'm sure he'll have that on file.

Great decals, had several sets in the past! On set awaiting the frame from the powder coaters now! :cool:

Mike

SpaceFlightOrange":3m90zir1 said:
Muddy paw":3m90zir1 said:

Will do, thanks. As you say, just the Raleigh name in the same style would be cool.

Yes it's funny how just having the manufacturer name on a frame can look smarter than the frame covered with all the extra stickers that usually comes with it and as Mike has pointed out Gil does some really top quality work ..

It's really good your back with your trusty old friend, and it's great you have been updating and replacing parts, should ride like a new bike now after all you have replaced!

Good to see a bike that's really looked after and will get used

mtbdave":3cnwrbol said:
It's really good your back with your trusty old friend, and it's great you have been updating and replacing parts, should ride like a new bike now after all you have replaced!

Good to see a bike that's really looked after and will get used

Thanks. Been digging out some old pictures when it had its ballistic forks on (sadly, long gone) I'll scan them and post.

The drivetrain is almost completely new. the front mech is a NOS version of the original (Alivio). To be honest I probably could have gotten away with re-using the original but this was so cheap it was too good to miss. the NOS chainset as I mentioned, and a new chain and cassette. The rear mech is original (STX) but was treated to a polish and new jockey wheels.

The whole lot together shifts perfectly and is whisper quiet. Very happy.

Latest posts

Back