Meet "Max" - My old friend has returned (Pic Heavy)

Ok, so i discovered today I'm not quite ready to use the bike for commuting. I keep staring at it thinking how lovely it looks :D

I would normally ride the entire distance (just shy of 13 miles each way) but this morning i decided to ride 2 miles to the station, get the train and ride 1.5 miles to work, then the full distance home.

on the way to the station i managed to ride through dog shit :facepalm: then whilst on the train, bike stored in correct location, some idiot with a totally knackered Diamondback, which looked like it had never ever been cleaned and had seized brakes, got on and just dumped the bike on mine!! I had words and moved my bike!!

I then got off the train, leaving one of my gloves on the train! (damn touch screen phones). Fortunately the train goes one stop and returns so I waited and saw the glove on the seat as it came back, so I ran on, leaving the bike on the platform, but got stuck in amongst the zombie commuters and nearly got stuck on the train, fortunately the guard saw the bike and held on a few seconds so I could get off!

I then caught the back tyre in the lift door, which caused the door to stick and the lift go out of service with me in it! it came back to life a minute or 2 later, fortunately.

I then spent most of my working day popping out to check the bike!

The ride home was less eventful. though the drive side of the chainset did work loose :roll: fortunately it doesn't appear to have caused any damage. refitting and checking and all looks straight.

The bike is now spotless again and the chainset tightened and the bolt degreased and thread lock applied. (there was a bit too much grease in there, which I think is why it worked loose).

Its now on display next to my Zaskar.

Think I'll use my road bike next time.

Oops! what a bad morning you've had mate well at least no real damage was done and lesson learnt regards greasing threads although i still frease threads now but only if i'm fitting a lock nut to the bolt i've greased but don't let a bad morning like that stop you from going to work on your bike as it will just put a damper on things mate ..

i love a raleigh thats loved........... take a look at mine in my signiture, i'm everso proud of it

Back