MBUK(?) lightest build

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone remember the MBUK(possibly another mag) piece(circa 1993?) they did on the lightest possible build?They used the lightest bits available,some high end and others very low end like the brake levers(the only part I remember) as they were flimsy and plastic.I think they had it down to 13lbs?

Re: MBUK lightest build

Dave Hemming had a bike built super light for bunny hopping but I’ve seen too many summers come and go to be of any help

Re:

I remember a article where they used the original Orange Vitamin T for something like that? Think it was in one of the specials around 92/3.

Re:

It wasnt really meant to be ridden,just a technical exercise,it was at the peak of the weight weenie era.I think it had a drilled out Durace mechs too.It had a few really odd bits picked just for their lightness.I think Justin was behind it.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2k4b3sam said:
I remember a article where they used the original Orange Vitamin T for something like that? Think it was in one of the specials around 92/3.
That could be it.Anyone have a copy of it?

Re:

66 triumph daytona":1ln3vl28 said:
brocklanders023":1ln3vl28 said:

I've got it right here. MBUK Summer Special 1993
Article : Let there be light.

I've scanned it but I've got some problems with reducing the file size at the moment. Bear with me - I'll post it here soon.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• MBUK SUMMER 1993.jpg
    MBUK SUMMER 1993.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 798
Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":2qaqxwds said:
66 triumph daytona":2qaqxwds said:
brocklanders023":2qaqxwds said:

I've got it right here. MBUK Summer Special 1993
Article : Let there be light.

I've scanned it but I've got some problems with reducing the file size at the moment. Bear with me - I'll post it here soon.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
Knight that man immediately :cool: .

Back