Lightest 26” bike parts? V brakes? 3x9?

Campagnolo Atek rims
Those or alternatively (all 400 grams or less):
Ritchey Vantage Pro WCS
Sun M14A
Matrix Mr. Titan
Sun Chinook
American Classic CR350

Conversely, the Mavic 231 PSP is a super robust rim compared to the others, common and 418 grams.

Or set it up as a singlespeed, ditching 2-3kgs of gears. You will also get fitter, losing the other 9kg.

Warning 1: the first two months are horrible.
Warning 2: it gets addictive, love my singlespeed.
2-3kg of gears ? 🤣

Bump cranks? This thread is awesome btw.
Depends and I have been full OCD over all of this lately. You also need to pay attention to the bottom bracket you use. Really will not be able to avoid anything with a Ti spindle and aluminum cups with sealed bearings.

Another issue I have learned about with my recent acquisition of Grafton Speedstix is that while they are a very light crank set, the way they are designed requires a bottom bracket spindle upwards of 122 to 125 mm wide. So I win on the crank weight, but lose a little bit on the spindle length. Topline, who very early on made Grafton cranks are a tad lighter because the back of the crank arms are milled BUT also require anywhere from 122 to 132 mm wide spindle. Kooka's, Race Face Next LP's, Cook's, Cook Bros...all are a tad heavier than the Grafton's but also use a more traditional spindle length around 112 to 113 mm. So the grams are a bit of a toss up.

With bottom brackets, any reputable brand from the early 90's are all within a few grams of each other for a given spindle length. A few grams can be saved on the depth of the cups, not much on the bearings.

Titanium or aluminum chainring bolts... by density, aluminum is lighter. The lightest chainring bolts made were by a company called Crankomatics, but I have yet to come across a set (of course I haven't been looking too long).

Chainrings are all around the same weight-per-tooth-count-to-bcd-size. Titanium or aluminum... here the grams are around the same per size and tooth count as well. Old Action-Tec rings are very light weight...but so are mid 90's Middleburn rings.

Lil new here but waaaaaaaaay back
My friends and I shed good weight for the money with the ‘new’ presta tubes and tires
Guess tubes obvious
But I found a set of Panaracer Magic directional tires on clearance at some tent sale. I blew my entire night’s tips and dropped $50 for them
Hell I have seen dry rot ones going for $200+(for show bikes) nowadays
The 2 other ‘big’ things where bars and bar ends
I had crazy lite bars that where orange(the color not the frame)22.2mm and had to be shimmed to fit the Ringle stem
(As soon as I get them weighed, I plan on posting to the ‘what is this brand part’ thread
And some Control Flight Rockets bar ends instead of everyone’s 6inch curved pipe ones
Of course you really had to save/buy lite wheel set

Back