Mayhem 'VERY RELAXED' 10 man team sub thread

Hotwheels.":23b7ss3z said:
PeachyPM":23b7ss3z said:
Hold on lads, how we doing this? Lap number or time? We can’t do both......
We obviously have to work around lap numbers. The times are a VERY rough guide as some racers may be 20 mins faster than the average 1hr 10m and THM, I mean 'others' may be 40 mins slower. Throw into that punctures, mechanicals, offs, a small picnic followed by a short nap on course and the timings go to crap. Last time those who secured the 'spiritual' dawn lap were pushed back and missed it. Like Dirk said, it's very much an unknown chaotic mess, just how we like it.

I normally crash into something... feel like I am missing out if I have not hit something on the way round a corse

Grannygrinder":35lmkybz said:
Anybody got a half decent pair of lights i can ponce for a lap of potential darkness....in the dark please

I'll bring what spares I can muster, can't promise floodlit awe but better than nothing (probably)

Is it beyond the pale to suggest whom ever has the 10pm slot, pootles around trying not to hit a tree, pulls up at the camp, has a little drinky, gets a little shut-eye, is then woken at say... 5am to finish his lap and then the next handover.

Too civilised an idea?

That has been the way we have rolled on some occassions in the past...especially if the weather is inclement

Re:

If the weather is cack it'll be amazing how few laps are done.

That said last time out it was so damn hot we gave up early too.

I have ridden with the dawn the last three years. It was special. If slow. But special.

Back