Mayhem 2017 Team "Awesome Foursome"

Mike (not Muz)

That Kona looks well sporty, are you bringing it as I'm sure you posted somewhere that you were going with suspension to help soften the going.

That's some panniers you got going on there must be circa 55-60lbs fully loaded and then you added two bottles of juice !

Re:

I will bring the Explosif and the Hei Hei, the Explosif IS quick - for a rigid bike, but no match for suspension.

The tourer was pretty lardy, I only managed 11-12 mph on it, compared to 17-19mph I normally do on a road bike. I'm not sure touring is 'fun'!

Touring is fun if you see it as touring. The most I did in a day was 37 miles, usually less as I would stop, detour, bimble, chat and enjoy the places I passed through. Fully loaded it's about the journey not the arrival.

Re:

I could buy Mister History's Explosif, that would be two blue ones on the team. But it's far too new! :LOL:

Re:

Progress: The HHKK build has started, I'll post some pics ASAP. It needs cabling, chain and general set-up to finish. I'm still on the hunt for some body armour - I like the look of the 661 Exo jacket but £60 for a lycra top?!

I'm off on the tourer today for a good plod about and the I have a sportive on Saturday too. I'm hoping to be in good shape for Mayhem. :)

Attachments

• West_Bay.jpg
    West_Bay.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,249
Re:

Only four years apart these two... I'll crack on with the cabling and fit the chain to the KK next week.

Attachments

• Explosif_KK.jpg
    Explosif_KK.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,249
  • KK_1.jpg
    KK_1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,249
Re:

Good work, Mike!

Do you always have your saddles pointing down? Just an observation, that's all.

Mike, the other

Re:

Saddle always nose down - but the way the photo is taken accentuates the angle. I usually ride with a Fizik Aliante which has a pronounced upsweep at the back if the nose/centre of the saddle is horizontal.

I got a cable for the HHKK and 'waterproofed' my tent and my spare shelter today ready for Mayhenm. I bought a 3 man tent from the tip for a fiver which has no inner but is pretty sturdy so can cook / hang out in that if it rains. After proofing 3 tents and my waterproof shorts it promptly started raining :facepalm: so they'll have to stay out overnight.

SP

Re: Re:

The History Man":1uto0xux said:
But have you got any fairy lights boys?

Nope. Don't intend to get any either. It is a race THM, not a freak show.

But whatever flicks your switch ;)

Mike,

I'm hiring a van this year, somewhere decent sized to -hopefully- sleep/chill out in, and do mechanicals.

Tent will be used for 'stuff' ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike, the other

Back