MAY 2019 Retro Rigid Ride - Early 90's style

Ok so Sunday 12th May seems favourite.

Tentative riders (please PM me to confirm)
Tim75
Danson67
Elpedro666
LongboardSi
Coleman
Longun
Tony brown 5
Tomianson
James1985

And to make it more inclusive if you have an early 90's full bouncer - lets go for it. So long as its retro in your opinion - thats what is important - just don't turn up on a 1X11 29er - it will spoil all the photos!

Regarding camping - you will be fine camping on the car park which is the start/meeting point. No one lives within 1/2 mile of it and in swindon Lorry drivers camp out with impunity - so you will be fine. Just make sure you leave it like you found it - i.e. no signs that you have camped! Failing that there are load of cheap hotels in Swindon.

As for bikes - I have had 2 pinch flats on my hardtail in January so I am in the market for a nice UST rim brake wheel set - if I don't get it by May - I will probably use my SuperV (1997) which is tubeless but has a V brake on the back.

fotorat1":3yj704d5 said:
Ok so Sunday 12th May seems favourite.

As for bikes - I have had 2 pinch flats on my hardtail in January so I am in the market for a nice UST rim brake wheel set - if I don't get it by May - I will probably use my SuperV (1997) which is tubeless but has a V brake on the back.

Surely 1997 is late 90’s and the twilight of the MTB early days - by then you had 80mm and 100mm forks disc brakes and the start of a new era

Kinda flys in the face of your theme of early rigid

thats correct I would love to use my 1993 V brake bike so long as no one minds me faffing about fitting a new inner tube "as and when" I pinch flat it!

Infant lets start posting pics of our proposed rides:

This is an old pic - since this photo I broke the front force 40 canti and have ditched the bar ends
p5pb16623071.jpg

Looking forwards too it, and aiming to show up on my 1990 Attitude. I have no problem waiting for folk to fit new inner tubes as and when pinch flats occur, as i'll be one of those folks getting a puncture too i'm sure.

Re:

I'm still up for it but can't decide on which bike to bring at the moment, might have to decide nearer the time. I'm sure we'll all be ok dealing with any punctures.

Re:

Just realised that this clashes with the Moors100 so I'm not going to be able to make it, sadly :( hope you all have a great day!

Im lucky to have the difficult choice of what to bring. Looks like my Yo Eddy will be running by then, so should i bring a Yo Eddy or an Attitude?

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2ccfv3j0 said:
Coleman":2ccfv3j0 said:
I'm interested if its not the last weekend in May.

Same here as June is fully booked with the Malverns and Mayhem so need to be home at least one weekend leading up to both events

...even if it’s to fluff and tittilate the fleet before attending
That’s no way to speak of your long suffering spouse.

Back