Cut Gate Killer Sun 19th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

This coming weekend folks , get those bikes sorted and let me know who's coming to some of the best trails around .

Re:

Bring the one that'll give you the most grin factor on a 6 mile (not too steep) sweepy rocky descent . Grin factor and turning up is the important bit , if it's got 2 wheels and your riding it with a smile it's a bike . Bonus if you can still go to work the following day after riding it . (some of us are getting older so full rigid and swinging on brake levers all day can be too much :shock: )

Having just checked to route (on a map) I think it's fair to say the 20ish miles is a lot more accurate than the 13 part in the opening gambit , quite a chunk is flattish though so it's not really a killer just killer fun in places .

Re: Re:

(some of us are getting older so full rigid and swinging on brake levers all day can be too much :shock: )

On a fully rigid you don't need to brake that much on the long descent back to Langsett at the end - the bumps keep your speed down a bit and you benefit more from being able to wrap four fingers round the bars and hang on. The key is to get a good firm grip with your hands and let your arms go loose and the bike dance around beneath you. (he says...)

you will need to brake plenty dropping down to Slippery Stones on the way out though.

Re: Re:

LongboardSi":gr31r0gt said:
I've done it one way as part of a 50 odd mile loop on a single speed and loved it.

You're one sick puppy :shock:

I'm game, just need to get myself there somehow (Kiran needs the car)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back