May 2012 BoTM Contest - Nominations Please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? It's a long way out of my top three so far this month.
It's all down to personal preference and full sus just isn't retro to me, no mater who's arse has been on it.

Yes it is down to personal preference, and taking the history away this would be 'another Yeti' , which would sit against 'another Klein' or 'another Pace' etc etc, and one would get more votes than the others and become Bike of the Month.
Every month I cast a vote, and regret that there can only be one winner, and that those bikes that didn't win become ineligible to be entered again.

This month we have a piece of mountain biking history presented to us, meticulously restored ( and some may see that as taking away its battlescars ). It is not just another Yeti, infact it is so far from being another Yeti that its entry seems unfair on all the other entrants. It is literally in a class of its own. Withdrawl of the the other entrants would acknowledge this , and leave them to fight it out in a couple of months on equal terms.

rc200ti":sx793h5o said:
Withdrawl of the the other entrants would acknowledge this , and leave them to fight it out in a couple of months on equal terms.

Why? There's a bike like that every month for the last months. Isn't that what a BOTM competition is all about? In the end not everybody agrees with you! Me for instance, just don't like that Yeti... It's nice and yes it's got some history, but just not my cup of tea!

In the end not everybody agrees with you! Me for instance, just don't like that Yeti...

I wide forum is what Retrobike is all about, and long may it remain so.
As for liking a bike when voting for BoTM, well yes, that usually is a big part of it for me, and the RekTek certainly got me wanting to ride it. Sometimes 'liking' gets over-ridden by other factors, and for me this month is one of those occasions.

rc200ti":2sdrwgi9 said:
I wide forum is what Retrobike is all about, and long may it remain so.
As for liking a bike when voting for BoTM, well yes, that usually is a big part of it for me, and the RekTek certainly got me wanting to ride it. Sometimes 'liking' gets over-ridden by other factors, and for me this month is one of those occasions.

I can understand that! But for me the 'liking' factor is very important! Just because it has a history, doesn't mean I like it....

But I'm sure you DO like the Yeti! I'll bet ya you wouldn't vote for it otherwise! ;)

Hi all

I would like to enter my 1993 Gt RTS-1.
If you would like to see more photos then its in my thread in members bike's.

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

*edited photo's changed pedals*

First build so win or loose i dont mind just wanted to share it!!

Some great bike's this month though!

yetifan.com":2qh9wzik said:
Also at the bike show was Jason Mcroy, He and warner were doing signed posters, so I handed over my crispy £10, and got a signed Jason McRoy poster, I still have it in the tube like brand new. I should get it framed. He wrote, To Andrew, Go big, Take chances.
Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back