Master Piu

Re: Santa came early Colnago content

I hope so Clive and yes you will which will give you plenty to think about ;) .

Sure does Ian

So been trawling the net today regarding the paint work and it seems like there's nothing on this site thats not been covered before all be it nearly 5 years ago to the day :shock: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=235727 "I wonder if he ever got round to painting it" However unlike Boggy I won't leave it as is with a quick clean and lacquer.

After reading the above thread I've come to the conclusion it's better to try and save the original paint work as others say "It's only original once".

Now Christmas Day has past I've eventually got to open some parcels for this build.

A very clean set of 7400 pedals correct 7402 callipers with missing parts but I do have a set of 7400s for the missing parts and a very lovely colnago pantographed dura ace seat post :D .

Attachments

• dura ace pedals 1.jpg
    dura ace pedals 1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 659
  • dura ace pedals 2.jpg
    dura ace pedals 2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 659
  • dura pedals.jpg
    dura pedals.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 659
  • 7402 calipers.jpg
    7402 calipers.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 659
  • seat post.jpg
    seat post.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 659
  • seat post 1.jpg
    seat post 1.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 659
  • seat post 2.jpg
    seat post 2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 659
Drooooool....

7400/7402 was the only Shimano stuff I've owned and I think it's almost as sexy as the Campag stuff of the time.

Can't wait to see this... I'm sure some careful touch up will make it look stunning.

My internet searches have been dangerously Colnago centric over the last few days and I fear some spending may be on its way...

Re:

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Every time I look at Colnago's on line, my bank account get's very very afraid.

If we consider the amount of money we spent on our bikes we probably should of bought a Colnago in the beginning :facepalm: then everything else would seem cheap by comparison :LOL: . I've had to clean up a lot of leaves and I'll have to clean up a few more before this gets finished I'm sure but its been worth every leaf. :D

Re:

If we considered the amount of money we spend on our bikes we would probably scare ourselves silly and realise it is an addiction we cannot afford.

Fortunately we don't, and as as a result we have full sheds / garages and empty bank accounts.

kingbling":2ks45443 said:
If we consider the amount of money we spent on our bikes we probably should of bought a Colnago in the beginning :facepalm: then everything else would seem cheap by comparison :LOL:

You speaketh the gospel truth brother Bling.

I literally accidentally put together a Chorus 11 speed groupset (the generation before the ugly chainsets) from ebay bits this year and have been struggling with which bike it would look good on...

I am now telling myself it really, really wouldn't look any good on a black Master X Light... it wouldn't, would it?

NeilM":2mhwwjyz said:
If we considered the amount of money we spend on our bikes we would probably scare ourselves silly and realise it is an addiction we cannot afford.

Fortunately we don't, and as as a result we have full sheds / garages and empty bank accounts.

:xmas-big-grin:
jackosbournesnr":2mhwwjyz said:
I am now telling myself it really, really wouldn't look any good on a black Master X Light... it wouldn't, would it?

Yes DO IT :LOL:

Nearly 5 years ago to the day Clive now that's just plain weird .

My thoughts are that he never did get round to painting that scarred frame otherwise he would of shown off the results i guess any how after seeing the state of his frame yours looks in really good condition so yes mate i agree with going down the route of trying to save the original paint work .

Those Dura Ace pedals look WKD and make me wish i'd still got mine and loving the sculptured seat post :cool: ..

J can't wait to see what saddle you find to compliment this build and yes Clive it's definitely worth every single leaf mate ;) ..

Thanks Ian talking about saddles I've been looking at a few Hoskars and a San Marco Rolls with Colnago stamping replacing the Rolls but all very expensive as it is with anything that has a reference to Colnago. :facepalm: I have in the shed a reasonable Selle Italia Flite which looks like a good match to the Frame so I think I'll go with this as it's also saving me money :LOL:

The Wheelset for this build is pretty bling :LOL: Ambrosio Excellence rims in blue. I originally bought these as nos having them built up on SR hubs for my Perry as that didn't work out for me I pulled them apart and kept them stored up always knowing they were destined for this build. The hubs are 7402s so are compatible with Hyperglide and Uniglide cassettes laced to the rims with Sapim race spokes I had these built by my local-ish bike shop who is also a member of this forum and a very good wheel builder to boot.

I've also been looking at the decals on this frame and they look like a bit of an after thought or put on after it left the factory There is difintley something lurking behind this Head decal I will get the heat gun out later and see what it is.

Thanks for the comments so far all feed back much appreciated :D

Attachments

• flite.jpg
    flite.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 527
  • duraace hubs.jpg
    duraace hubs.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 527
  • ambrosio .jpg
    ambrosio .jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 527
  • ambrosio 1.jpg