Marin Team 1992 maybe? Browning forks £50!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re:

SavagePower":2g7jchet said:
brocklanders023":2g7jchet said:
£450 + more than you paid for it in postage? I refer to my previous post and this is blatant profiteering and not cool. :facepalm:

Please, enough of your moaning. The facts are I saw it on gumtree before it was on here. I went to get it. I bought it to maybe keep maybe sell and if so towards another Marin project I'm working on. I was at the right place right time to get it. Yes it is profiteering to fund another bike project, I couldn't care less if you think it's cool or not. I've given stuff away locally before and given people good deals on bikes I've sold and made mates from it. Yes I have priced it high ON EBAY not here, on ebay I'm testing the water. If it sells it sells if not then I'll keep it. No one is holding a tyre lever to your head forcing you to buy it or watch it. Furthermore the shipping is what it cost me to send a bike in the uk whole not dismantled, it works out less for a service the buyer wants I'll of course reduce the shipping cost. Regards.

Re:

You can ask what you want but the bit that gets me is the postage. Having posted loads of bikes over the years I know it can be done, including packaging and insurance for less than half that easily. You want to milk every penny out of it which is your choice but don't be surprised if you get called out on it.

You say it's an eBay price and not here so go on, give the retrobike exclusive price, including postage.

If you don't want people thinking you are taking the piss don't post up on a thread where the title shows you paid 50 quid for something you are now asking more than 10x for.

Am not and was not interested in it and you are welcome to accuse me of moaning but I still don't think it's cool.

Re:

I assume you tried to edit to include the postage bit? Postage, including packaging does not cost £60 via any normal method.

You notice the offer section...

Shipping. I've already responded to that point but to reiterate I would only ask for what it cost me for shipping. That price is a 121 courier not parcel force or similar.

I will accept a fair offer price & don't accept it for peanuts even though yes I got it cheap. I know how much I'd accept.

I'm not hiding how much I paid. It's clear on this thread & I can't cross promote. Beside I didnt cost me £50, it's cost me £40+about £20/£25 in fuel(thirsty car). I won't accept £60 before you ask.

Fair play if you don't think it's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for the free bumps.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2g2rne67 said:
I assume you tried to edit to include the postage bit? Postage, including packaging does not cost £60 via any normal method.

121 private courier & I would only ask for why it actually cost me as I've stated.

Re:

If someone bought it for the bin then paid as eBay request they would have to pay £60.

You are welcome to the free bumps but they are not the kind I would want.

Anyway, good luck with the sale. Hope you make enough to buy yourself something nice for Christmas.

DUDE, I refund people the difference!

I'm not trying to sell it on here, see how I've been upfront on
what I'm doing.

I've already got the Marin to do up, Team Marin sales will just help fund it.

Thanks re sale, have a good Christmas.

Re:

Market forces will decide...^^^

After all this is no different to what Pros Closet / Grannie Gear at the other extreme does

2nd hand car dealers/house clearance folk/ antique centres make a living from it

So why are we all suddenly up in arms here.

Re:

you picked up another nice marin recently as well -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Team-FR ... SwzaJX6B1O

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Team-FR ... 7675.l2557

why are all the nice marins near you!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back