Team Marin frame only, Edmonton, £20

I wonder if Tange had manufacturing problems with the Ultrastrong downtubes, before giving up on it completely? I have a 94 Explosif that was meant to use that tubeset but is Prestige Concept, it's actually identical to a 94 Kilauea that I also own.

I think it may be the other way round.....looking at the stops on the downtube, it seems to be 91 style and tubing in a 92 frock.....although most also had 2 cables routed over the top.

It could also be non uk territory......a few strange things did go on with frame changes by location.....the neon bikes are quite different in ways to the zolotone ones for example.

Unless its repainted eldridge! But i doubt that.....The frame number will tell us......

Sorry folks, late to the party..I've been dealing with other parties with a load of 3 year olds :LOL:

Frame number is M11EA0276 - making this a pukka '91 Team frame. How it ended up with the '92 UK issue paint is therefore a complete mystery!

My thinking is still a crossover between model years or maybe some kind of warranty replacement back in the day perhaps? The Euro spec frames had a different paint job (dark blue rear triangle) so it isn't one of those.

I'll have a look at the PM's I have received in a moment as well, once I have sorted out my now rather hyperactive sprog!

The number helps. In that case it must be, as i thought, a 1991 other territories bike, painted in 92 colours.

The cable stops are deffo from the " rest of the world" frames. That's why they are on the downtube and not 2 across the top like the uk and american 91.

Here's a 91 neon, with the 2 downtube cables....

But how, where or why it ended up in 92 colours is somewhat odd!

Nice frame all the same....all adds to the story!

1684610192068.png

Back