Marin Team 1992 maybe? Browning forks £50!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:

No offence dude but saying you have bought it on a thread about how much it cost then asking for more within days is going to get people's back up. eBay it with a 99p start would be my advice.

Re:

At £50 its a worthy backburner project, definately a rare piece but I understand if you suddenly get the feeling you had over project'd yourself (or the missus is pissed at.... "another bike"), I feel grateful that someone has rescued it from being an unapreciated pub bike and bringing it into the retrobike fold but I do sort of agree with the above comment. if you put it out at what you paid plus your petrol/time costs and postage on top .... you may get a taker on the for sale section.

Otherwise, Give it a chance and sell it in a year or so fella

Oh, and lets see some decent pictures :)

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":9j1xal9r said:
No offence dude but saying you have bought it on a thread about how much it cost then asking for more within days is going to get people's back up. eBay it with a 99p start would be my advice.

I can understand your point but I went to collect it after seeing the ad myself. I have several Marin's & it's a brand I love, I may keep & do up or if persuaded may sell. I'm not hiding how much it was but we all know it's worth more than £50 but only what someone is prepared to pay. Furthermore it's like all the bargains we find from time to time & all like on ebay. Sometimes 1 person finds then sometimes another, we all work hard to find them. :)

Re:

Trust me dude, I have had plenty of scores that have paid for other retro bits and part of the fun for me is blagging a bargain, taking a part off I want then covering costs with the rest but to try a flip this one, whatever the intention, on the thread recently posted to alert people to a potential bargain is only going to upset folk. Couldn't care less myself but you will need your tin hat. ;)

retrobikeguy":14a3f02t said:
At £50 its a worthy backburner project, definately a rare piece but I understand if you suddenly get the feeling you had over project'd yourself (or the missus is pissed at.... "another bike"), I feel grateful that someone has rescued it from being an unapreciated pub bike and bringing it into the retrobike fold but I do sort of agree with the above comment. if you put it out at what you paid plus your petrol/time costs and postage on top .... you may get a taker on the for sale section.

Otherwise, Give it a chance and sell it in a year or so fella

Oh, and lets see some decent pictures :)

Just replied to the other post. I can understand your point but I did find it myself & then watched the thread & no one seemed to want to go and rescue it so I did. Now, even though I was lucky to get it cheap that doesn't mean I have to sell it for what I paid. It's only worth what someone is prepared to pay. If I do sell it is going towards another Marin project rather than anything else. If I wanted to hide anything I wouldn't have posted that I got it on the thread, plus I'll not be asking a stupid price. I'm no granniegear, I do think even though he splits bikes he has a place sometimes having things we can't find elsewhere and need & no I'm not him. Cheers

brocklanders023":26vz6t4i said:
Trust me dude, I have had plenty of scores that have paid for other retro bits and part of the fun for me is blagging a bargain, taking a part off I want then covering costs with the rest but to try a flip this one, whatever the intention, on the thread recently posted to alert people to a potential bargain is only going to upset folk. Couldn't care less myself but you will need your tin hat. ;)

Sure dude, tin hat on ;-) just wanted to alert people really that I may sell. To sell & to put towards a project Marin would be ideal but if I keep her it's another rare Marin I have in my collection ;-)

Re:

If it's like this one and a 19" I'd def. be interested in what you'd want for the frame/fork.

6b1ef40439e3fef915e71b41811cc701.jpg

Back