Marin Quake 7.2 Quad XLT

Gemmor

Retro Newbie
Hello, I want to buy this frame, I really liked it. But there is a nuance: it does not have rear shock absorber mounts. I cant find information anywhere about how they are constructed, what they are made of, much less their sizes. Could you help me, i need photos of these mounts with dimensions or drawings. In the photo these places are highlighted in red. Sorry for the spelling, I used a translator.

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Hey. Welcome to RB.. erm.. I don’t know how to tell you this, but that 15 year old frame is.. well.. it’s about 10 years too young for most inhabitants around here to be able to advise you on.

Advising you on recreating early bonded steel / carbon framesets from the original, period correct tube-sets in your shed and painting (parts of them) turquoise - sure, no problem. We can do that..

Advice on calculating spoke lengths for obscure, long obsolete standards like the 26 inch wheel? Come to the right place, buddy..

But.. advice on a mid-2000s bike? That’s a long way into the future for the denizens of RB.. by that time people will be driving flying cars and mountain bikes will have little battery powered engines so you don’t need to pedal up the hill..

Sorry.. getting carried away here. That’s too far-fetched.

Nice frame though - if you can find suitable bearings and a shock (the better ones ran Fox DHX 5.0s, if my future self recalls correctly), they are a good, hard hitting 7” frame. Heavy as hell though.

Hey. Welcome to RB.. erm.. I don’t know how to tell you this, but that 15 year old frame is.. well.. it’s about 10 years too young for most inhabitants around here to be able to advise you on.

Advising you on recreating early bonded steel / carbon framesets from the original, period correct tube-sets in your shed and painting (parts of them) turquoise - sure, no problem. We can do that..

Advice on calculating spoke lengths for obscure, long obsolete standards like the 26 inch wheel? Come to the right place, buddy..

But.. advice on a mid-2000s bike? That’s a long way into the future for the denizens of RB.. by that time people will be driving flying cars and mountain bikes will have little battery powered engines so you don’t need to pedal up the hill..

Sorry.. getting carried away here. That’s too far-fetched.

Nice frame though - if you can find suitable bearings and a shock (the better ones ran Fox DHX 5.0s, if my future self recalls correctly), they are a good, hard hitting 7” frame. Heavy as hell though.
Thank you very much for the reply! Sorry for writing here, I don't know who to contact anymore.
I wrote in support of Marin, they recommended this forum. I can design these fasteners myself, but I still wanted to make them the way they were in the original. Thanks a lot for the support, sorry again, have a nice day!

It is a sad reality that mountain bike brands seem to care comparatively little about and provide little support for their heritage or legacy bikes.

Back