Condor and Marin Mountain bikes 80's -90's - history, facts and how much they are worth?

Bambam

Retro Newbie
Hello Everyone,

Time has come to part ways with two bikes that from my family. These were originally purchased in he UK in the 90's and i just cant keep hold of them any longer.

From my very brief research i have a 22" Condor swiss mountain bike, late 80's and 1992 19" Marin Bolinas Ridge. All look original to me, maybe tyre changes and cables, pads etc..

I can find quite a bit about the Marin, but the condor is a mystery..

I'm in Australia(Perth) so I'm guessing these would be quite rare and hard to find.

What is the market like in the UK? Does anyone have an understanding of the Australia market? Where would be a good place to start?

Bike Gallery

AIL4fc-412OkjIxxlDe086-zXOduc5H7c0yvbuur6apis1h1B96PWNl4KOWAdhoFG8-Fs95Cz988MoX4CzuAgeJjrVY7NnlsAAX3mbD9ULSC1eKhrKeKD2Cex1o9eFPmWyvj-QON4YTYRbInqwKBYYd6WhtH9w=w686-h911-s-no
AIL4fc9E5EGIlY5HTjiQFEmBlw-gY0viAy10jbZQpGj-4wkb31ROh-6f17U9lkvEoDph8HtUhwExXYp9lDmdOVUcVX6a9zWujYb0p-myj4eCtSxpgVFCnGEtgP1Ohkx_8YfifOC0aDYWWG9vftDzxwVdbZy-tg=w706-h937-s-no

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=YzRmQVFYNUxHU0tfZXJxclR0VXZ4N0VHNkVpSFJB
AIL4fc_gKIduXGcTT2fhM4Gv94oI9FHMDyVGhnUU4YNyQJyx0i_deDJRBp5aZcTlxBAYUe03UwEx9nOS3LbIsDkXeYmoEfnxTHL0j5G1WTx3OeotMO_SPN6eleyvaKSAvxx0q7-VluDueKq89rJpTc19nbXGLQ=w686-h911-s-no

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1.../AF1QipP-I_NevPqIM1AQuB8uv8neXOLnYRaNoH7yDLbY

The following isnt based on 'market trend'. More of a personal view......

Marin bolinas was the 92 base model but if the paintwork is good, not too faded/bashed up. And a decent size of 19" centre to centre......call it 85 aussie dollars.

The condor, never owned one but the frame seems to be more considered in construction and decent stuff bolted on.
Call it 120 dollars.

Sometimes, you just have to put stuff out there and hope for the best. You may be pleasantly surprised, or pissed at how much you got.
All the best mate.

The following isnt based on 'market trend'. More of a personal view......

Marin bolinas was the 92 base model but if the paintwork is good, not too faded/bashed up. And a decent size of 19" centre to centre......call it 85 aussie dollars.

The condor, never owned one but the frame seems to be more considered in construction and decent stuff bolted on.
Call it 120 dollars.

Sometimes, you just have to put stuff out there and hope for the best. You may be pleasantly surprised, or pissed at how much you got.
All the best mate.
Thank you Marc, very helpful and i appreciate your opinion. Its hard to put a price on something that has sentimental value. But i cant hold onto them much longer.

Back