Marin East Peak 2004 rear suspension - Anyone know the size?

SavagePower

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys, I'm thinking of replacing the rear shock on my Marin East Peak 2004 to a Fox shock but does anyone know how I can find out what size it is without having to dismantle my bike?

Yes I could just measure at the side but I'm worried about not getting accurate measurements?

Anyone know the right Fox sized rear shock?

(Same questions for my Proflex 757 - have posted that in appropriate section)

Thanks in advance from as newbie.

Re: Marin East Peak 2004 rear suspension - Anyone know the s

99% sure its a 165mm eye to eye... but you could probably get away with a 160-170mm

Doug

SavagePower":otmnkaa6 said:
Thanks man :)

No probs...when Marin went up to the quad link suspension system in 2007/8 it went upto 190mm...The East Peak is an XC bike..the All mountain Marins (Rock Springs, Wolf Ridge, Attack trail) of the same age took a 200mm...just a bit of info ;) Marins are my thing!

Hmmm, it does say 'Quad Link designed by Jon Whyte'. The frame looks like this top right but with Rock Shox black forks: http://www.river-rat.com/marin.htm

So guess as you say its a 2004 with Qud link so were they using this system also pre 2007 (noting what you said)

I used to ride a Bear valley SE in 1994,5,6 to 1998 and I just love Marins (soft spot for them and Proflex)

Appreciate any advice you have mate.

Thanks

SavagePower":kyponfbx said:
Hmmm, it does say 'Quad Link designed by Jon Whyte'. The frame looks like this top right but with Rock Shox black forks: http://www.river-rat.com/marin.htm

So guess as you say its a 2004 with Qud link so were they using this system also pre 2007 (noting what you said)

I used to ride a Bear valley SE in 1994,5,6 to 1998 and I just love Marins (soft spot for them and Proflex)

Appreciate any advice you have mate.

Thanks

If that is your frame then 165mm defo....this is the frame design change I was on about (see pic) that is the 190mm shock...Also if you are looking to replace then I would go with a fox shock ideally an rp23 but thats depending on your budget...

As you can see from my signature I have had many Marins over the years!

Doug

Attachments

• Marin Mount Vision.jpg
    Marin Mount Vision.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 982

Doug - you're a legend! thankyou yes that frame is not mine, mine if the 165mm, really appreciate you're help and advice.

I did notice your history of Marin, very impressive :)

Cheers
Ben

SavagePower":z625dby8 said:
Doug - you're a legend! thankyou yes that frame is not mine, mine if the 165mm, really appreciate you're help and advice.

I did notice your history of Marin, very impressive :)

Cheers
Ben

My pleasure...let me know if you have any other Marin questions! ;)

Back