Marin advice

garygkn":tt5e2phu said:
Many thanks Khane.
Great resource!
Looks like I should aim for the Team Marin then the Pine Mountain and also the Eldridge Grade. They look like the top end of steel in 1991 with cool colours to match.
How much would one of the above cost today?

Don't discount the Bear Valley SE (not the standard Bear Valley), which utilises the Lite components of the EG and share the same frame.

I've got a BVSE, deciding whether to strip and repaint but a stuck BB is holding me up, managed to pick up a Pine Mountain frame recently that might be the focus of all my efforts as it's condition is better than the BVSE.

I'm 6'1" and the 19" are ideal for me with about 4-5" of seat post.

My road bikes are 23" to 23.5" so knocking off 5 inches would make 17.5 almost at the 18" mark. I think that size would be fine for me.

Marin Eldridge Grade 1992 done 200 miles I think it's the 17" frame. Chap wants £175 is this a good deal?

Thanks Gary

It would have to be a minter for that...there again if it's 200 miles and it has been looked after (no rust etc) then it's not too bad.

Whatever, it's better than what £175 will get you new!

Now I would really like to get hold of one of these as the other bike has suspension.

Attachments

• Marin_Pine1.jpg
    Marin_Pine1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 721
Yep, seen a few mid 90's Pine Mountains going for reasonable money. Less of a market for them then the early 90's models I think. ;)

That is good news I think I will try and go for one of these. Nice clean lines and not too expensive. Will also get me across the Isle of Wight.

Back