Mantis…

PeteC":2ksadq2b said:
the ol' fleaBay is a always a good source for 1" forks, of course. Yours came with a 1" Mag21 SL Ti, FYI. Sold it before you acquired the frame, as I recall. If you find one in the US and the seller doesn't want to ship to Canada, I'm happy to be the middle man again.

Thanks Pete, I have a Manitou 2 fork that I had set aside originally as a spare for my Merlin build. I'll prob use that for now just to get it up and running till I decide what final route I want to go. I also have that Marzocchi XC 600 that needs a rebuild but comes with a interchangeable steerer crown. I have both 1-1/8" and a 1" steerer that I can pop in with a shim.

OH! :D There are pics of ones with a seat stay brace to stiffen and reduce the flex in the rear triangle! Similar to what was available for Amp FS based frames. Anyone have any info/details on it? I'd like to source one if possible. Hmmm, maybe the Amp one would fit???

Attachments

• k202231_strut.jpg
    k202231_strut.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 523
  • 95pfa085_3.jpg
    95pfa085_3.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 523
Juanabe":3g8ylszd said:
Will you sell the manitou 2 steering column by itself. If so how much?

you mean these? not right now, as i need them. if i decide not to use them on the Mantis, i'll let you know. ;)

got tired of seeing both frames in pieces, so i lightly assembled the green one just so i can prop it up and have a proper look at it. installed the black CK no logo HS that came with the blue one. don't mind the flat Manitou 2, i didn't get a chance to put the elastomers back in. hope they still work. :? might need a shorter stem, possibly with a bit of rise.

for the heck of it, i placed a set of CBR cranks on the bb spindle axle and gingerly set it in place, as i had popped out the bearings. i think i will go with these on this build.

Attachments

• DSC05987.JPG
    DSC05987.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 479
thought i'd pick up some new bearings for the BB. the existing ones seems fine but thought i might as well as they were relatively in-expensive.

looking to build this up with 7-spd XT kit. so am after an XT fd-m736 34.9 top pull front mech. anyone out there got one in good/excellent condition? ;)

Attachments

• DSC06298.JPG
    DSC06298.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 443
biglev":1my8eevv said:
i might have a seal kit for a 94 noleen shock if you need.

thanks i'd be interested, but i've been told that these shocks are filled with nitrogen gas, as opposed to just air. so it's not like i'll be servicing these myself. anyway, please send me a PM with pics and your asking price for the seal kit. thanx!

Back