Mantis…

Re: Re:

bartsince1975":2v5jmsnx said:
You do a yearly update :D

I prefer the black flite over the white one btw. Now we would love to see new paint next year and the final build in 2019 ;)
hahaha, that indeed could be the case. i'm not as pro-active on builds as i once use to be. most of last year was a bust given some bad family circumstances that had fallen. :(

my thoughts are currently torn between stripping and polishing the frame, 1st choice as i think it would look amazing!

OR keeping the original paint as the green is an iconic colour for the brand, though i don't really fancy the green colour myself so much.

Loungekabouter":2v5jmsnx said:
Great job. Really like the final result!
thx! :D still need to do a few adjustments, like swap in a set of nice IRC skinwall Piranha tyres, and of course refinishing the main triangle as mentioned above.

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":1uprkqxr said:
bartsince1975":1uprkqxr said:
You do a yearly update :D

I prefer the black flite over the white one btw. Now we would love to see new paint next year and the final build in 2019 ;)
hahaha, that indeed could be the case. i'm not as pro-active on builds as i once use to be. most of last year was a bust given some bad family circumstances that had fallen. :(

my thoughts are currently torn between stripping and polishing the frame, 1st choice as i think it would look amazing!

OR keeping the original paint as the green is an iconic colour for the brand, though i don't really fancy the green colour myself so much.

If time is limited just do do a touch up of the worst parts and start riding it. Pollishing will take lots of time you could also spend riding it. Hope family cicumstances have improved for you, wishing all the best.

Re:

updated the CBR E crankset for the Mantis with full set of CBR rings, dust cover, and Speed Metal chain ring bolts.

Attachments

• DSC04761.JPG
    DSC04761.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC04759.JPG
    DSC04759.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 497
Re:

i've done a full circle with silver Control Tech brakes. i had a nice set for quite some time but didn't make use of them except for briefly having them on my 91 Altitude. ended up selling them on a few years back. but now i've picked up another set, a little more money than what i had sold prev set for. but these are almost new, so i can't complain too much.

will go nicely to complement the Critical Racing stem and the Ringle road Ti-Stix. ended up shifting the black XT m734 canti brakes to my Yeti Ultimate a while back, and intended to put on a silver set of XT m734.

Attachments

• DSC06106.JPG
    DSC06106.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 218
Back