MANITOU FS - Pick up oNLY

and this one wasn't built by doug bradbury! Answer through and through, no more built by Bradbury than a marin FRS or a balance fs.[/quote]

Mr. Zero":2u05hqih said:
Is there anyone here willing to assist with shipping from the UK to the US?

Im willing to help.

So long as costs are covered...suspect it would be pricey to ship!

im in london every now and again, but if some one closer is better able to help...go for it.

stew-b":1cn7yxc4 said:
its a big secret apparantly :roll: why oh why do people think a reserve should be kept a secret??? its purely a selling tool to make sure you dont let something sell for less than you are prepared to let it go for,REALLY winds me up and why try to sell a bike like that with no postage option....rant over.

Well, whenever I use it, it's because I want to see if anyone is interested enough to test what the reserve might be by placing bids. This will in turn bring up the price and interest/bidders before the last 30 seconds of the auction. I find that bidders just run out of time, which keeps the price lower than it had to be. Then again...this might be completely of, and I contradict myself at times by revealing the reserve for something that I really want gone.

Now if I really don't want to sell it...I'm not telling anyone the reserve.

daj":1cn7yxc4 said:
I have never got it... why not just start the auction at the price you are willing to sell ... whats the point of a weeks worth of bidding that doesnt make that value so it doesnt sell??

Because it it's too high, then chances are no one will bid, and you won't have any idea with a true market value of your item.

kaiser":1cn7yxc4 said:
I can see the point of keeping reserves a secret and not putting on high starting bids. Why limit your market by setting a high start, if you don't know what the seller wants for it you may add it to 'my ebay' even if it is just to find out what happens in the end, you may just convince yourself that this is what you need or if biddings low have a pop. Also if the sellers reserve is £900(undisclosed) and they get offers of up to say £750 they may accept the bid after the auction, if the reserve is shown, again it will limit potential bidders. Keep the interest in the item and hopefully it'll get caught up in a bit of ebay madness too.

If an item appears in my ebay searches with high disclosed reserves or highish BIN's I'll disregard it(generally). If theres a chance I'll get a bargain I'll watch it and maybe have a go, more often than not whether I want it or not :roll:

I agree.

I have come to expect that if seller puts a reserve on, then price they want is usually above market value. This puts me off bidding, and looking at some of the auctions, puts off others too.

Reserve usually = no bargain, which is what a lot scout for.
Now if you really want something, and no one bids up to the reserve which you would have paid, that is really annoying!!

gump":17lz5smx said:
I have come to expect that if seller puts a reserve on, then price they want is usually above market value. This puts me off bidding, and looking at some of the auctions, puts off others too.

Reserve usually = no bargain, which is what a lot scout for.
Now if you really want something, and no one bids up to the reserve which you would have paid, that is really annoying!!

True, but at that point, some skillful communication with the seller should do the trick...well, unless, the seller is one of those types that communicates the least amount possible- if at all.

Back