MANITOU FS - Pick up oNLY

Seller states:

Yes it did have [a cracked headtube] until repaired it had a shim made for the head tube that was fitted inside it and now it is stronger than before I have rode it constantly since the repair and it's perfect thanks

I can see the point of keeping reserves a secret and not putting on high starting bids. Why limit your market by setting a high start, if you don't know what the seller wants for it you may add it to 'my ebay' even if it is just to find out what happens in the end, you may just convince yourself that this is what you need or if biddings low have a pop. Also if the sellers reserve is £900(undisclosed) and they get offers of up to say £750 they may accept the bid after the auction, if the reserve is shown, again it will limit potential bidders. Keep the interest in the item and hopefully it'll get caught up in a bit of ebay madness too.

If an item appears in my ebay searches with high disclosed reserves or highish BIN's I'll disregard it(generally). If theres a chance I'll get a bargain I'll watch it and maybe have a go, more often than not whether I want it or not :roll:

Manitou on Ebay = danger and hazard :?

I buy two Manitou HT, but two Manitou are crack :cry: :cry:
I buy two Manitou FS, but one Manitou is crack :cry:
For two bikes, the former owner have stick a decals on the crack for hide the fissure :evil:

Only Manitou noy crack, I just buy Frame and seatpost NOS (picture). After, I buy full XTR group NOS. I ride one year with this bike.

My old Manitou FS :

Tallpaul":12pn88x0 said:
Seller states:

Yes it did have [a cracked headtube] until repaired it had a shim made for the head tube that was fitted inside it and now it is stronger than before I have rode it constantly since the repair and it's perfect thanks

Is that by private communication? I don't see any mention of a crack in the listing.

Last time i put a reserve on a bike ,i included the figure in the description
,i still had people mailing me asking 'whats your reserve :roll:

Back