Manitou 1 Elastomers

Re:

I have some pink elastomers from a Manitou Mach fork that may work?
They're in good condition and still soft and measure 19mm in diameter and are 156mm long.

I've an old ad here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=334953

If you just want the elastomers I can do them for £6 posted (from Sweden)

Re: Re:

beepbeep":3cgybzj5 said:
I have some pink elastomers from a Manitou Mach fork that may work?
They're in good condition and still soft and measure 19mm in diameter and are 156mm long.

I've an old ad here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=334953

If you just want the elastomers I can do them for £6 posted (from Sweden)

Does Anyone know if they will work?

I also just picked up some brand new Suntour SR XCT with threadless tube for £50, not a great fork but seemed cheap enough to see if I can make them fit somehow, if not they said I can take them back :)

i'll jump in here. i had been, and still am, searching for a proper answer to the elastomer question.

well aware of suspensionforkparts.net or whatever it is. i really dont want to pay $50+dollars, and then shipping for some polyurethane rod.

with that said, i have been searching high and low for where they are getting this stuff from. i cant seem to find it in both the correct durometer, and diameter. i have found much harder rod from the likes of amazon, ebay, etc. too stiff to use in a fork though.

there are actual manufacturing companies / plants here that will make it for you, in whatever diameter, length, hardness you desire, even with a center hole. the caveat, however, is that these places require a minimum order - aka, ya need to order 1000's of them. aint happenin.

the best solution i have come up with so far, is using silicone vacuum tubing, in various sizes. bought 1 ft lengths of several diameters on ebay. cut them up (easily w razor blade), and can combine diameters as needed to stiffen, or soften the fork (manitou 4). for example, i can pop the tiny 1/4" hose, inside the 3/4" hose, to add stiffness. they have a slight dampening quality to them, and not super springy.

this will suffice until i can find real PU rod, or actual microcellular urethane material.

cheers all!

Okay guys, I was in the same situation of needing elastomers but not liking the limited options available, so for the last few months I've been searching for a manufacturer in the UK who can make elastomers to spec without a crippling amount of orders needed to proceed.

As a result I'm expecting a sample set of "medium" elastomers for a Manitou 2 fork in the next week or two, and if they're okay we will have a supplier. Cost hasn't been confirmed but I got the impression they will be considerably cheaper than the current option.

As soon as they arrive I will report back, and perhaps start a new thread complete with test results and garner interest for ordering a batch. They're being extremely accommodating about low volume manufacturing with different rates and other models of fork being catered for as their manufacturing process makes adjustment to diameters and different rates relatively simple. They even manufacture Nitrogen injected products but I have no idea about the cost or availability of that option at this time.

street":3hswh0x3 said:
Okay guys, I was in the same situation of needing elastomers but not liking the limited options available, so for the last few months I've been searching for a manufacturer in the UK who can make elastomers to spec without a crippling amount of orders needed to proceed.

As a result I'm expecting a sample set of "medium" elastomers for a Manitou 2 fork in the next week or two, and if they're okay we will have a supplier. Cost hasn't been confirmed but I got the impression they will be considerably cheaper than the current option.

As soon as they arrive I will report back, and perhaps start a new thread complete with test results and garner interest for ordering a batch. They're being extremely accommodating about low volume manufacturing with different rates and other models of fork being catered for as their manufacturing process makes adjustment to diameters and different rates relatively simple. They even manufacture Nitrogen injected products but I have no idea about the cost or availability of that option at this time.

This is great news, I believe the only difference between M2 and M1 Forks is some spacer, if anyone know the dimensions of that space I can look into get some manufactured. :)

So.... Having nearly given up on my bike, I got a call from a mate that happens to pop into a Halfords and spots a set of 1" threaded forks in a discontinued section. So to cut long story short this is the end result :)

Maybe not original, but I no longer have to worry about Elastomers!!

Attachments

• 20170502_180409.jpg
    20170502_180409.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 322
Back