Pace RC35 MXC's - options after the elastomers have died?

christowkid

Dirt Disciple
I've not been around here for a long time, so am out of the loop with current thinking:
I have a set of RC35's on a bike I want to sell and the elastomers have completely gone.
I've cleaned up the inner legs but I'm not sure the best way forward.

Sell the complete 'as originally bought' bike stipulating that the forks need new elastomers.
Or... sort the forks and then try and sell the bike.
Thoughts please!
cheers.

What's the bike? If desirable enough then it might not be worth it. Plenty sell with collapsed elastomers - it's just a cost the buyer will have to swallow.

New elastomers don't cost the earth though, and if the bike can be ridden away then the desirability is higher. Obvs.

If you've had them apart and have pics to show the internals are good, then at least the buyer would know what they are dealing with.

Either.

Some will like the chance to have the forks set to their weight, so, you could offer them without, stating that and price accordingly, or offer to fit the correct elastomers for their weight, again pricing accordingly.

Oh ok, thank you both, that's reassuring.
It's a Bontrager Race OR Medium size.
I bought it with Pace's fitted as the original RockShox were blowing gaskets continually and I didn't fancy a long trip to the bike shop to sort them every time so went with the easy option at the time.

Back