Malvern Retro Classic Race

Paulstott

Dirt Disciple
Hi All
There is a group on Facebook called UK MTB Golden era 80s & 90s appreciation group.
We have been banding around the idea of staging one off race on the old Malvern Classic course. We are currently looking into the feasibility of this. Couple of Question
1) Would anyone here like to take part? It will be a true old school race all bikes racing would be from the 80s and 90s era. There will be varying race classes. There will be heroes from the day attending and also a best bike competition for those who wish to show there steed.
2) Would any of you like to volunteer to become part of the staff?
we are looking for Marshals, Car park attendants, Site team, Security.

If anyone would like to help out or have connections to help us beg borrow equipment to make the event a true retro bike festival please drop me a line

Many thanks for reading

Paul

This sounds good to me as I did lot of races in the early/mid 90's and would to be part of it mayhem is normally Abig deal on here it might be worth you checking out the aftermaths.

Re:

Date pending I'd be up for helping out, as long as I can race as well in between. A proper old skool show n shine would be great too

Re:

Probably worth getting in touch with Patrick Adams at Pacific Edge Events. He/they organises Mountain Mayhem which used Eastnor Deer Park (the 'Malvern Hills Classic' venue) for a number of years.
It was only in 2012 that the last Mayhem took place there before moving.

2012 was a total mudfest which may have put the park owners off hosting MTB races again.

It's also worth noting that Retrobike has fielded a sizeable entry into Mayhem events often with over 50 riders taking part, mostly on old bikes, racing against modern bikes and riders.

So the interest is probably there/here already.

Back