Magura Rond Quake forks

will911":1gad1y4f said:
pics tomorrow.. dv.. cannot find any valve for air addition.. will
On top of the stanchions above the crown there will either be twiddly knobs or little screws about 5mm across. If the latter they are air forks. Adapters for normal pumps are available though they're a bugger to use.
The mounts for the Magura brakes are known as Firm Tech. Magura still make forks with this system today, though they're few and far between. There are a more around from 2002-2006 with these mounts though; Quakes, Ronin , Agard, Phaeon and even Menja and Laurin.
Wiper seals are available from Enduro and it's possible to service them yourself with the aid of a roll of PTFE tape, though the internals seem to go on forever with just the occasional oil/grease change.

pics up, there no sign of any air points, the bottom of fork has allen bolt head. same each side.. i had the black cap off and the preload part is moving.. so are these spring /oil?? and has anyone got exploded diagrams or detail of whats inside there..

Attachments

• W3 049 (Large).jpg
    W3 049 (Large).jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 794
  • W3 052 (Large).jpg
    W3 052 (Large).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 794
  • W3 050 (Large).jpg
    W3 050 (Large).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 794
Those aren't air forks so prob spring & oil.

If you send me your email address i'll send you a copy of the service manual in pdf format or you can get it online.

Ps sent you the PM before i read this thread.

It looks like they've run dry...
The coating on the stanchions is very worn ,indicating a lack of lube. From memory these use grease rather than oil. At the very least, remove the lower legs and thoroughly clean out the lowers. Re-grease and reassemble. If you're feeling confident, refill the damping oil.
THey might still be OK, though the bushes will probably have suffered the same fate as the stanchions.

Back