Magura Rim Brake Help Needed

just jacques":orvd9e9q said:

Thanks for that.

coomber":orvd9e9q said:
That was had put on.

Its not tight on but its like this

So do we think I need to go back onto that first bit of the bosses which is painted? That would make the end of the maguras more or less flush with the edge of the brake boss, so assume I do? It's just new paint so dont want to mark it too much if I dont have too!

@ coomber
I've just noticed something odd about your brake mounting clamps :shock: . They are totally different to all the other Maguras that I have seen, what model are they :?: .

Coomber, you haven't got them on far enough.

The painted section before the canti spring tab shouldn't be painted. try sliding a canti brake on and you'll get the idea. You only need the D washers if you run out of clearance - not likely with your original mounts.

I'll try to get a load of pics of my maguras tomorrow to give you the idea (You can see in Just Jacques Muddy fox pic that without the washer, the silver 'elbow' would have hit the frame).

Are those the original Hydrostops you've got there? What are they going on?

I Love maggies. :)

Re:

Ooh! The OP has the HS22 Race lines, nice :)

I've half fitted mine, just need to adjust the arms that sit against the fork/seatstays, but they seem stuck in place. Did someone say they are just a push fit? So a spanner and brute force should get them to move to the desired position?

Back