Magnesium Madness (Mg.) Kirk Content

Jussa":aqytvx5d said:
legrandefromage":aqytvx5d said:
foz":aqytvx5d said:
I like it! The forks look a little thin compared to the rest of the frame, but I think those are the original ones?

Reynolds from what I remember

Yep original Kirk Spec Reynolds 531 Forks.

Probably the nicest LX example in the UK - and yes those were the cool forks to have

[/quote]

legrandefromage":23dod6zo said:
well, I suppose I've got to live down to expectations and its traditional now

(Just dont tell anyone, especially Retro Spud that I bear no grudge against these in real life, it would spoil the fun!)

I knew it ^^... it was you who bough the one on ebay earlier this week with the M2's

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=411375&start=10#p3024016

Loving the pics and the ride Jussa, you should up date your build thread with them and spread the Kirk love... "remember nothing else comes close"

Re:

Reputation aside, that's a nice ride you have there!

Really though, there is the 'on your head be it' when owning and riding a
Kirk mag...but...

I'm sure ( not survey backed) that ti anything or alu alpinestars suffer
Far more death in action episodes than mag, anything.

Nice bike.

I don't like to say this but you are on a slippery slope to retro hell I started out like you and bought a Kirk ( below ) then went down hill fast and then bought a 7UP and then another 7up so good luck in the future

Attachments

• Kirk 11.jpg
    Kirk 11.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 7up12.jpg
    7up12.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 85
bjellys":3b5t0bft said:
I don't like to say this but you are on a slippery slope to retro hell I started out like you and bought a Kirk ( below ) then went down hill fast and then bought a 7UP and then another 7up so good luck in the future

Love the 7up Bike, and the Kirk. I’ve been in this cycling game since as long as I can remember lol I’ve lost count of the 100’s of bikes that have passed through my hands. It is sadly an addiction, but at least it’s a legal one ;) and I think I’m already in Hell as I have an Orange X1 and Whyte PRST-1 in my fleet also both which always cause controversy lol

Jussa

Ah, the Kirk.. My lbs, Colchester Cycle Stores, was a dealer for them. Remember looking at them and wondering if they were the bike of the future. It would seem not, but it's great to see one still very much in action, and getting plenty of tlc as well. Puts me in mind of a white rhino. I'm getting tearful now..

Jussa":33x2czas said:
bjellys":33x2czas said:

Love the 7up Bike, and the Kirk. I’ve been in this cycling game since as long as I can remember lol I’ve lost count of the 100’s of bikes that have passed through my hands. It is sadly an addiction, but at least it’s a legal one ;) and I think I’m already in Hell as I have an Orange X1 and Whyte PRST-1 in my fleet also both which always cause controversy lol

Jussa

Back