Magnesium Madness (Mg.) Kirk Content

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So first off I am expecting to get 'Flamed' on this post (Step-Up LGF!!! lol) but I will carry on regardless with my Magnesium Madness. So here we have my 1993 Kirk Revolution LX. If someone had said I would be riding around on 1.5 Cubic Meters of Sea Water, die-cast in just 40 milliseconds at 650 Degrees Celsius under 650 Tonnes of pressure I would have laughed at them!!!! I know they have a reputation, I know some have been prone to cracking and yes they are combustible too, they really are a marmite bike which once again divides the Retro Community. So to set the scene, I'm 6ft 2" tall, pushing 100kgs so no lightweight perched on top of a Magnesium Frame (With Snowflake Wheels) and yet on the undulating Single Track, Bridle Path and Forest Trails this enigma of a bike rode like a dream. The LX Groupset was flawless (As expected) I didn't encounter any more flex or 'Jelly Wobble' than some of my previously owned rigid rides!! I do wonder how much of the stories you hear about Kirk's are urban myths? How many people who comment in a negative way have actually owned and ridden one? I agree that there is some truth in the flaws of this British Curiosity but then at my age I'm certainly not going to be doing any stupid drop offs or DH circuits as if I'm honest I'm more concerned about my bones breaking rather than the bikes frame lol but to own a bike which does have an interesting history, does look different, and can still bring a smile to my face when riding it well it gets my vote.

Enjoy the pics and Stay Safe Retro Bike Riders :D

Jussa.

Attachments

• me6.jpg
    me6.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 220
  • kirk5.jpg
    kirk5.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 225
  • kirk4.jpg
    kirk4.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 222
  • kirk3.jpg
    kirk3.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 223
  • kirk2.jpg
    kirk2.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 222
  • kirk1.jpg
    kirk1.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 222
looks ace dude, shame the one size fits all didnt fit me haha, my new one fits though ;)

ImperturbableFarAlaskanmalamute-size_restricted.gif

legrandefromage":2tzszdzo said:
Surely your knees must have been up around your ears riding that, that, that 'bicycle'??

Erm no lol :LOL: actually surprisingly comfortable even for my +6ft Stature!!

I like it! The forks look a little thin compared to the rest of the frame, but I think those are the original ones?

well, I suppose I've got to live down to expectations and its traditional now

(Just dont tell anyone, especially Retro Spud that I bear no grudge against these in real life, it would spoil the fun!)

legrandefromage":1e6qlhoq said:
foz":1e6qlhoq said:
I like it! The forks look a little thin compared to the rest of the frame, but I think those are the original ones?

Reynolds from what I remember

Yep original Kirk Spec Reynolds 531 Forks.

Latest posts

Back