MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

kaiser":27na0dty said:
At the moment I'd get away with a gravel/cx bike and a hardtail I think.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.
A gravel/cx bike that doubles up for road bike duties.
And at the moment a short travel full sus bike (but could equally be a hardtail mtb).

jimo746":110p8cek said:
kaiser":110p8cek said:
At the moment I'd get away with a gravel/cx bike and a hardtail I think.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.
A gravel/cx bike that doubles up for road bike duties.
And at the moment a short travel full sus bike (but could equally be a hardtail mtb).

What mtb you left with after the last shake up?

Re:

The new 2018 Charge Plug is due out . Steel frame , road / cx / gravel capability , 1 x 11.
What more could you want ?
Hope it comes in at the cycle to work £1000

clubby":1rdjlpt1 said:
What mtb you left with after the last shake up?

I seem to have a shake up every week at the moment :LOL:
A 2008 Cannondale Scalpel.

I think the last few months of not riding much with a mysterious calf injury has meant I've been spending more time buying/building/selling etc...

Hawmaw":1r335se6 said:
The new 2018 Charge Plug is due out . Steel frame , road / cx / gravel capability , 1 x 11.
What more could you want ?
Hope it comes in at the cycle to work £1000

Its a very nice looking bike, really happy with my older Plug otherwise I'd be tempted by these too.

Mr Panda":2t4rdx03 said:
keithyr":2t4rdx03 said:
Still got it mate, been a right guide workhorse on my commute.

Would be tempted to buy it back when yer ready - unless yev Frankenbiked it :shock:

Think the only thing I changed was the bar to a kore red ane at a whole 585mm width lol, ergonomic touring grips and another saddle.

Will drop ye some picks when I'm allowed to upgrade lol.

Hi guys
Can I ask a favour of you all, could you go over to the retro road section and vote for the RBotM ?
Just pick which ever one floats your boat and click submit.
I only ask as this month I made it a themed month as Reynolds 531 to try and boost some interest. Now usually nothing is awarded to the winner other than being able to bask in the glory of being the winner, but this month I went to Reynolds themselves and got a prize for the winner along with a personal letter of congratulations for the winner. They have shared it on all their social media etc and it's all good,....except next to no one has voted, even less than usual, which is a bit poor when Reynolds look at it.
So if you can help me out a little with a vote, then it would be much appreciated. There's lots of beautiful machines on their so something for everyone.
It ends tonight at 9.30!

Cheers
Jamie

Back