Love it or hate it just have a look

Hate it.
A advertisment with wheels, a very bad bicycle.

My first MTB was close to this, 5x2 speeds, steel rims, steel cranks, seat post etc it was a celta and yours at least has cantilevers mine steel U brakes. No sincronized shifters etc etc. For a commuter in short distances perhaps, for riding it it is a quite bad choose.

Re:

All joking apart, who made these, and their ilk, does anyone know....?? Universal, or some such...??! Fairly basic, 'what I call' tooth paste welds, etc...

They had their place, who am I to knock them.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":29ylymej said:
All joking apart, who made these, and their ilk, does anyone know....?? Universal, or some such...??! Fairly basic, 'what I call' tooth paste welds, etc...

They had their place, who am I to knock them.

I would also like to know who made it as well ,and I think you were being polite about welds they were called something far worse when I was working in engineering.
Having only paid £20 for the bike and the condition of it I can forgive the welder .
I did take it for a ride in Haldon Forest (near Exeter ) yesterday and a fellow Retrobike member who I had never met stopped and chatted and took a couple of photos.
I think the whole retro bike thing is great, and for me it's not how well they ride it's about the look and the engineering good or bad .I have 2 modern mtbs 1 hard tail 1 full suss which I ride if I want speed .
I find the biggest difference between retro and modern is the handlebars on my Marin Nail Trail they are 780mm which is very wide but manoeuvrable.

Re:

Love but mate, you need to dress up as fido dido??? And go for a raz around town......I definitely would.

With this in the rear wheel it could has some sense to me this bicycle :)

When I post something I always think in going fast or riding in some paths, not only for display and this is for relax, no doubt.

idodido.png

Back