Lothian and Central rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":2zqos8yk said:
At least I've got mates :mrgreen:

Clubby
e14504.gif

Aye Rob, but, why have they fecked off? ;)

I'm with ye on the zzzzzzzzzzzzzz though, only on here would there be such a, well, feckin boring debate. :mrgreen:

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":3atizixt said:
I'm with ye on the zzzzzzzzzzzzzz though, only on here would there be such a, well, feckin boring debate. :mrgreen:

F' off back to the Fife thread where you belong then :)

Alright, Failkirk, 29th Dec. 10.30 start at my hoose. PM me if you need directions.

Found a couple of more trails up Callendar Park yesterday! Come on oot and play!

IMG_0039.jpg

Just in case there is any interest i'm going to GT with my work coleagues on Sunday 10th May. Feel free to join us, its not meetup or any other org just folk I work with and their friends.
Starting from Peebles itself from outside DaveDH's hoose. Ride hopefully starts at 11am but I can rendevous with those who dont know where Dave is at 1045 ish in the main carpark by the town centre off the main road from the north. Dave plans to show us some of the offpiste trails you access and leave GT by when coming up through the woods from Peebles. Otherwise its blue/red dependant on ability or preference.

Sounds interesting. Was maybe going there next weekend with a couple of mates anyway. Will let you know later in week.

I found some of those trails last time I was down Velo. Didn't follow them all the way to the bottom of Janet's Brae, but what I rode, I enjoyed. Glad it was dry - definitely a couple of awkward, steep sections, tight turns with roots and rocks thrown in. Might make it myself, I'll let you know later in the week too.

As an aside, they've almost completed a new section that starts a little bit further up the hill from the final right turn off the fire-road that takes you to the top of Spooky - it goes all the way down to Ho Chi Minh... You then ride Ho Chi Minh (rooty and bumpy after it crosses the fire-road, did not enjoy it on the half-fat, first time I wished I'd had a full-sus at GT), and at the bottom of that, they're putting another link in that goes over to the start of Zoom or Bust :)

Back