Looking for opinions on a cycling related project (update)

Re: Looking for opinions on a cycling related project

longun":2wkqhwkj said:
genius, love it, want one. would be great to see what you could make with some old tyres ;)

i have some cool amberwalls you could play with........

Thank you! :) working with this stuff is quite hard though, so we are a bit limited design wise.

Ziggie":3k3xh9ie said:
I have contacted a mod and he said it was ok to post this :)

Ziga

Which Mod? Pm me if you prefer.

UPDATE : Thanks for your assistance and good luck with your business venture ................. Rob

Re:

Small update: we're also thinking of making a "standard" model without the electronics. What do you guys think? Part of our team wants to stick to the "flagship" model, but others are thinking the "standard" model might not be a bad idea.

The specs of the current electronics are 150lm for the LED and 5000mAh for the powerbank. We're also thinking of developing a solar charger which would be secured by the straps. Or would that be to much? Inspector Gadget comes to mind :mrgreen:

I've had tubes that have failed due to rubber perishing i.e. cracking - so you need to choose your used tubes carefully to avoid that.

Re:

Thank you for all the comments, we appreciate your feedback.

As far as rubber perishing goes, we only choose inner tubes that are in good condition and make sure to get rid of the bad ones. Bicycle inner tubes can last from 5-10 years, that's why we collect those which are fairly new and which should not degrade anytime soon.

We also intend on offering a two-year warranty on our bags, due to this exact problem. We actually tested our bags by leaving them under direct sunlight for a month and figured out that the application of glycerin should help in slowing that process down. Anyway, thank you for pointing this out to us.

Re:

Since many have been asking us about saddlebags, here is our take on the design. Introducing the Ziggie Saddlebag... ok, maybe that won't be the official name, but that's what we're calling it for the time being. What do you guys think? We've been told many times, that a handlebar bag is of little use for a pro cyclist, and since we had the saddle design in the works, we thought we should show you the prototype ASAP. Obviously it has a retro vibe going on, the leather is artificial of course.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Back