Like new 1993 Marin Eldridge grade picked up today!

I'm the first to admit it was a shame to split...unfortunately it was a simple case of finance! I got £570 total for the bike split, and the parts will bring life to old steeds! I had a message from the guy that got the chainset, he was over the moon and was fitting it to a retro ride he plans to ride to Spain and back on this summer...Its that kind of story that I hope is echoed with every part that was sold...

...I know i will live to regret not having it but plenty more bikes in the sea!

Ask my wife about the 3 bikes and 3 frames and boxes of bits in the shed!

All the best and lets see some pics on here of the frames progress would love to see how you build it up...

Wook

Oh and widow, the marin barends didn't sell so as a gesture of good will i'll throw them in with the frame and stem! Here's to good karma!

Wook

Thank you, I'll keep you updated with some photos. I missed out on a few items in the bidding but I'll be scouring the forums for parts in the near future.

widow71":12ujltav said:
Thank you, I'll keep you updated with some photos. I missed out on a few items in the bidding but I'll be scouring the forums for parts in the near future.

Hi Widow, i bought the bottle cages before bidding on the frame as I felt these cages are a main feature and very rare to find. It was my intention to win this frame at any cost. Myself and others put in higher bids right at the end as usual, but there must have been a glitch at ebay and our bids were late! Thats why you got this frame for such a cheap price. I bid £132, but nothing happened. :cry:

If you need these bottle cages, just let me know as it would be nice for you to have them now i feel. I will only polish off all the red paint and fit them to my other retro bikes. You can have them for cost price as you are a fellow member. ;)

wookiee":2g7580nv said:
...good work shaun I feel your pain!....£132!!! dammit!

Wookie, tell you what, as Widow is a fellow member, put the bottle cages in the box with the bar ends and the frame to save posting them out to me. I just can't see him not wanting them for such a small amount as they are a key feature on the grey frame from this period. I will PM him to tell him the good news and he can pay me direct. If not he can just post them on to me, which i guess will be very unlikely.

...well seeing as its the "spirit of goodwill" evening if widow does want them I'll refund your postage costs Shaun...

wookiee":1vofwoq1 said:
...well seeing as its the "spirit of goodwill" evening if widow does want them I'll refund your postage costs Shaun...

....feels good to do good! :cool:

Back