Lights question - now sorted thanks

I have just bought a Light & Motion Stella 150L. Mainly for road riding back from the pub down a pitch black road, and the light it kicks out is phenomenal! It is also reduced on Evans website from £199 to £99. It is really quite a small compact unit with a fairly small battery, high-med-low-flash settings. High setting reported to last up to 3 hours. You WILL blind oncoming drivers with it!! :cool:

Lights

if you want the best value and brightest light you can get for your bike for under £50, then you want one of these!!!

UltraFire WF-501B SSC-P7 Front Cycle Light - 900 Lumens

Ebay Item number: 140522712300

We all use these lights and the beam is bloody amazing! Like 6000 HID Xenons on a car!! Plus running full beam easily gives 4 hours run time on a full charge plus the light comes with 2 rechargeable batteries and the charger!!

though the handlebar bracket that comes with it is rubbish so get one of these:

Bike Cycle Light Front Torch Mount Bracket Clamp Holder

Ebay Item number: 220767268606

As these hold the torch 100% secure, i even rode Glentress red route and Mabie red route on it no bother, light didn't wobble about or anything.

Also the torch is 100% waterproof too, as i've been out all winter in 80mph storms/ -15degrees ice and snow and the torch never let up once!

Cheers

Greig. :D

Re: Lights

GMC":tnxucdjz said:
if you want the best value and brightest light you can get for your bike for under £50, then you want one of these!!!
UltraFire WF-501B SSC-P7 Front Cycle Light - 900 Lumens
Ebay Item number: 140522712300
We all use these lights and the beam is bloody amazing! Like 6000 HID Xenons on a car!! Plus running full beam easily gives 4 hours run time on a full charge plus the light comes with 2 rechargeable batteries and the charger!!
though the handlebar bracket that comes with it is rubbish so get one of these:
Bike Cycle Light Front Torch Mount Bracket Clamp Holder
Ebay Item number: 220767268606
As these hold the torch 100% secure, i even rode Glentress red route and Mabie red route on it no bother, light didn't wobble about or anything.
Also the torch is 100% waterproof too, as i've been out all winter in 80mph storms/ -15degrees ice and snow and the torch never let up once!
Cheers
Greig. :D
The first item you mention has the same output as the DX magicshine 900 lumen light, which comes with a dedicated handlebar mount, so no need to buy a new mounting bracket. Plus it has a better spread of light for cycling. It would be OK for a helmet light, but not the best for on your bars.

The DX magicshine has a similar runtime & a much better light spread and comes with everything you need and costs ~£47 depending on the exchange rate

In the end I bought a 337 lumen fenix tk15. Worked fine for me last night riding 46 miles off-road. It was just about up there with my mates hope vision 2. Certainly plenty of light, even on bumpy, narrow forest trails.

the dx jobby are ok but no way near 900 lumens more like 600 i would go for the electron from crc much better built. or if you are any good with electronics why not a xm-l diy kit from troutie on singletrack.
si

Back