Lewis Hamilton

i'm glad he's chilled out a bit in the last season or so, as he was an utter tool to start with, he's still knob though.

Re:

F1 would be mightily boring without him in it. I don't agree with everything he says and that's fine. He's got a good soul I reckon and by jove he's quick, even when the car wasn't / isn't.

_86299387_richards.jpg

I guess one grumpy auld man approves.

Re:

He is a truly great driver, probably one of the best three or four at the top-BUT-he has had the dominant car the last two years, which, sadly happens in F1 all the time. One team will get it right and leave the scraps to the rest-when you have a much superior car than the other teams, you only have your team mate to fight-which Lewis well and truly did with all those wins over Nico. Just look what happens when you put a great driver in an average car-Alonso, Button -they are nowhere near the front right now. Next year, maybe Ferrari will get it right and Vettel will dominate again. I just wish there was more parity between the teams, as racing would be much more exciting. Also, F1 cars are way slower at the same tracks than they were a dozen or so years ago, when they had more power and less restrictive rules-
That's why my fav Series to watch these days are Indy Car and LeMans style Endurance racing-lots more passing all the time, with the finish often in doubt until the last lap,,,

highlandsflyer":178ogbvk said:
I just can't see him as anything but a living example of confidence justified.
There are plenty of examples of those who I like, Ronaldo for one. Hamilton though, I can't stand the guy.

There's definitely something about him because it's unusual that a British guy rubs so many Brits up the wrong way. Eubank's theatrics noised people up but he often had British opponents to root for, Benn for example. Hamilton is the one Brit in a winning car and he's still despised by many.

Re:

I couldn't give a tinker curse what he does outside his car...what jewellery he wears, or his haircut, or his sometimes puerile comments. He is a great racing driver and he's British! Jeez. And now he is three times World Champion. Brilliant.
Personally I think Alonso is probably the finest driver of the current crop, he's just in the wrong car.

Back