Leverage suggestions for tricky crank/bb

ClassicDodo

Kona Fan
Anyone got any good cheap suggestions for leverage extension for a particularly tight crank bolts/bb? Normally I put a car roof bar over the end of the spanner/allen key which given it's 1m does the trick but I'm not sure it's doing it much good...

An impact wrench is your friend - if you can find the relevant adapter/borrow from a friend. I spent six months (on and most definitely off) struggling with bottom bracket removal on one of my bikes. Bought an impact wrench from Aldi - and it removed it in under a minute. Obviously different people's situations vary, but it was most definitely worth the money spent.

An impact wrench is your friend - if you can find the relevant adapter/borrow from a friend. I spent six months (on and most definitely off) struggling with bottom bracket removal on one of my bikes. Bought an impact wrench from Aldi - and it removed it in under a minute. Obviously different people's situations vary, but it was most definitely worth the money spent.
They look awesome! I'm probably at the big metal bar stage at present, using my Thule roof bar does work but tends to to bend the end a bit so probably not doing a lot of good...

Back