Sold 60cm Steve Goff, Reynolds 725 and Richard Sachs lugs/BB/dropouts

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
This is a really special frame - I've been in touch with Steve to check it out and those beautiful lugs are Richie-Issimo cast lugs, from Richard Sachs in the US, as are the stainless dropouts. It's made with Reynolds 725 oversize tubes.

Details of the lugs here: https://richardsachs.com/product/richard-sachs-richie-issimo-series-lugs/

And the crown is this one: https://richardsachs.com/product/richard-sachs-newvex-series-fork-crown/

It's a 60cm frame (centre to top), with a massive 25cm extended head tube and is 57.5 on the top tube (centre to centre). The steerer has never been cut so there is scope to go way higher with the bars.

it's way too big for me but I bought it with a view to building it up for my brother in law who has a bad back and was looking for something with a tall head tube like this. However, standover turns out to be too much for him so I'm now selling as a full build as it stands, spec as follows:

Steve Goff 725 oversize frame with Richie-Issimo lugs, BB and stainless dropouts
Brand new Cane Creek Forty 1" aheadset
Campagnolo 9 speed Xenon Shifters and rear mech
Campagnolo 9 speed cassette
Campagnolo Mirage brakes
Campagnolo Scirocco G3 wheels
25mm Gatorskins
FSA Gossamer cranks & BB
Nearly new Sram chainrings (Compact 50-34)
Deda 70mm stem
Sensa bars
ProMax seatpost
Fizik Arione saddle
NB. no pedals

The bike has been fully rebuilt, and had a brand new headset fitted, plust a new chain, stem and recent bars. Everything running perfectly, all bearings are good, rim wear s minimal, pads are good, chain is new and cassette is recent - so although the groupset is relatively low-end compared to the frame, it all works flawlessly and the frame is perfect for a much higher end build once you've got some use out of this groupset.

The frame has no dents or dings and has only a few minor scratches.

It's currently running 25mm tyres but will easily take a 28 on the back (poss 30) and will definitely take a 32 on the front. Whilst it's too big for me, I have given it a few spins around the lanes (saddle right down as per the first pics at 5'9") and it really is beautiful - I wish it was a bit smaller (or I was a bit taller)!!

Looking for £625

(NB it's on ebay for a bit more)

kttORk1.jpg

GtTMY0I.jpg

TDlhn3L.jpg

UhSubiL.jpg
Aud4xrm.jpg
xnGhagN.jpg
xo0Zlct.jpg

QGWFz88.jpg

SuQu8ty.jpg

nQ3HgxU.jpg