Lava Dome newbie, RetroBike Newbie, MTB newbie, forum newb..

Spray or Keep Original???

• Spray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep Original

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the original bits weren't there I'd say respray it but that's totally original - keep it as it is. Getting rare I reckon these days.

Excellent, original it is then...

I think what i'll do is source some decent suspension forks. What kind of price should i be looking to pay? what manufacture's should i be looking out for? i don't want to be going mad on price for now.

Got ya..... i must be about 2 paces behind everyone, just found the BikePedia link on here showing the original specs, brilliant, and i've stumbled across a different thread about a Lava Dome showing the year of a Kona like mine, great forum, i guess i should spend more time looking before posting questions!

Can't seem to find any RockShox Quadra's for sale anywhere on the net though!?

yeah i've heard good things about the p2's but my dilemma is my f*cked up wrists, i've had about 5 broken bones in my lower arms and wrists over the years, it kinda hurts going downhill off road!!! im sure suspension would help...

mmmmm, decisions, decisions, different bike or a f*ck load of pain killers before i go out!!!!

Massive front tyre will help - a 2.2 incher up front.

These were specced with nice big tyres up front anyway. Helped the ride and took a lot of the shock away.

cool, i'll give that a try, appreciated. Off to the shops it is then, a big fat front tyre and a rear hub and i should be good to go.

Back