Wanted Large steel frame with 1" head tube

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
I'm looking for a size large steel frame to build up as a retromod/commuter. Would need to be 19" or possibly slightly larger.

Not looking to spend huge amounts of money, so something like a bonty privateer would be great, but would also look at more expensive frames.

all my finishing kit is 1" , so it does need a 1" headtube.

Cosmetic condition isn't massively important, but would need to be dent free. I'm based in the UK.

I've a saracen tuffrax with u brake. I can take some pics later if you're interested

thanks, but I'm looking for something a bit newer than that - mid '90s rather than late '80s.
its going to have M950 brakes with M8000/M9000 drive train (and a carbon fork), so a saracen would just look wrong!

Spotted this KHS on Ebay earlier. Maybe worth a punt?

If it is a Montana Pro - which the colour suggests - they are very good frames :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hello @slackboy , I think we have talked before about my Santa Cruz built (Trek era) XL Racelite? - uncertain if original paint but in good condition and rides lovely… the frame has been beautiful to ride - however after breaking my collar bone 12 months ago I still cannot get as comfy on it for riding the distances I enjoy…so am happy to let it go…

bare frame, Bontrager Racelite size ‘XL’
£349 + post / courier to you
have a box + packing already
(price lowered after spotting a tidy same era Dekerf £395on eBay)

64017427612__28B6D9B6-57CE-4623-A31C-00E68FBDFA0C.jpeg

Seat tube: 19” c-c , 21” c-t
Top tube: 23”
Head tube: 10.5cm 1” headset diameter

If am way off with price do let me know. As Bontragers although we love them lots seem to vary in value - this is a cool one I think , so hopefully asking a fair price.

If of interest , depending on weather! can document frame in more detail with more images if you need them? Images below to show various builds for reference. Most recent 1st - bars are Jones H-bars!

8B10CB7B-0B02-4D61-BE2A-50B850732E83.jpeg

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_9543.jpeg

Last edited:
Back