Large 1991 Merlin Frame £499 + shipping SOLD

Harryburgundy":261gl98i said:
Need a 1" cup thingy tool

if you have a 1-1/8" one, it should be able to fit and be use it in a 1" headtube. my Park one works for both sizes.

MikeC":261gl98i said:
I'm sure there are loads of people in the same position as me...they keep revisiting this advert, drooling over the frame they used to lust after and then deciding that the build would require a new mortgage just to do the gorgeous frame justice :(

i don't think that's necessarily true. all that's needed is some patients and being there at the right place and right time to snag some deals on components to build her up. this is a project that could possibly take some time, but i don't see why it has to break the bank or the need to take out a second mortgage.

i lusted for one BITD, but now I own one. i've not completed it yet. and it's taken me some time to get where i am with the project, as well i've ran into some snags i need to overcome. :(

RockiMtn":1c831uoq said:
Harryburgundy":1c831uoq said:
Need a 1" cup thingy tool

if you have a 1-1/8" one, it should be able to fit and be use it in a 1" headtube. my Park one works for both sizes.

My 1/8th was fine on the top but not on the bottom...but it isn't a Park..must get one.

Harryburgundy":1pd7aaea said:
My 1/8th was fine on the top but not on the bottom...but it isn't a Park..must get one.

:? how's that??? doesn't make sense you used it for the top but it won't work for the bottom.

Cheap tool..poor mechanic...take your pick :LOL:
Dunno...actually I didn't have much time and wanted to take the pictures whilst it wasn't raining, which in Wales is a ten min. window...havn't looked at it since.

Swap cash + Ti seat-post or V brake levers (bling) or Ti bars or RF LP Turbine cranks WHY :D

Tumbleweed.gif

Back