Laptop Recommendations.

desert combat was the best ever.

whilst at uni me and other 2 house mates used to rape the enemy AI with choppers etc.

glorious fun!

No doubt that desktops are better machines for the money, but laptops are sooooooooo convenient. Would have bought a Mac, but Mrs SB had a Dell and she wanted a new one. SB gets her old Dell - more than good enough for me, but I really don't use much of its capability. WE are now a 2-laptop house and I will be breaking the old Dell 8200 desktop for spares.

Anyone know what is saleable? Presumably the RDRAM, anything else?

dyna-ti":k3ucrkxa said:
I personally find using a laptop difficult to use as easily as a desktop
you end up putting it on a desk anyway :LOL: :LOL:

Then you're buying it for the wrong reason.

And lets not forget the super long discharge rate the batteries have :p not
Again you buy one that has a decent battery, real laptops are very different to desktop replacements. You seem to be talking of desktop replacements.

The people i know that opted for a laptop,eventually ends up putting it on a table[read desk]permantly plugged into the mains with a printer and mouse attached :roll: :LOL:
Best buy a desktop :D
They should have figured out what they where going to use it for in the first place then, Desktops do not fit in your rucksack, cannot be used on trains/bus in the coffee shop... very easily ;)

Dont know if u all know ,but Vista doesn't have a defragment option on the H/d,u can download some crazy program that will defragment it ,but i wouldnt trust it to do a proper job
I've also found Xp home runs smoother than the PRO version
Vista does, have the same defrag program.
You can download loads of different programs for both XP and Vista that do a far better job, but you'll not really notice the difference.

And if you like games like this xp home will run it better than the pro edition
Not true, you'll notice no difference.

Sitting in a chair typing this, watching TV on on of my Laptop.
My desktop(s) are there as TV's and for playing proper games.

But buy no means buy a laptop if it's just going to sit on a desk.
If you are going to move it around buy a laptop (but not a desktop replacement).

Since the breif was 'laptop for site visits' that kind of rules out the desktop :D

Back