Lance is back

im confussed,i thought hed just retired,was he caught up in a drug scandel or something?please excuse my lack of knowledge :D

A french newspaper claim to have got hold of an old urine sample and found it tested +ve for EPO. However since it was old and they only had access to the B-sample, it's not conclusive. Obviously since the french hate armstrong it is dismissed by lance-o-philes as a french conspiracy.

Then there's the association with Dr michele Ferrari, probably in itself the most damning thing.

Then there's the issue of how many of his former junior team mates subsequently tested positive. Now that's very circumstantial, but it just adds to the doubt for me.

Plus he seems like a dick.

I know it's an endless (and maybe pointless :? ) discussion. But I think the man deserves at least a little respect, I mean if anyone of us would totally drown himself in all the dope avaible he would still not be in the shadow of Lance.... or Pantani....etc etc etc These guys have (or had) special talents and stamina that is way above average imho.
I mean Lance finishing second in a 100 mile MTB race on high altitude off road tracks is pretty impressive me thinks...... enough said, not trying to advocate anyone but just try to shine another light on things.....

funny but most french cyclists dont hate Amstrong for being doped ( or not ) , but just because he won the TDF lacking PANACHE .

cchris2lou":1lmtnf10 said:
funny but most french cyclists dont hate Amstrong for being doped ( or not ) , but just because he won the TDF lacking PANACHE .

yeah it looked more like business as usual for him.... ;)

cchris2lou":w49u1nca said:
yes , behing his team all the time , not attacking etc...

Does this mean they like(d) Pantani more in France ? :roll:
I must admit I really enjoyed him in the mountain stages, still think no dope can get you up a mountain THAT fast, maybe makes you recover better, but doesn't make you climb like this lil' elephant :D

Leadville 100 mile race... serious MTB racing
Lance second place ... still seriously fit...... or doped

second to a 44yr old 'Vanilla Gorilla' :LOL:

I note he hasn't got the bollocks to enter MM09 though...

Careful, you'll upset him and he'll enter the whole Astana team in the Sports Casuals :shock:

Back