Looking for: Shimano Product technical information. Frame specs etc.

Rank_21

Retro Guru
Hi, Does anyone know of a source to find previous versions of the Shimano product technical information catalogue? Specifically, containing the frame specifications part. I found a 2016 version which covers information that isn’t in the catalogues available online. I’m presuming there’s sections for frame builders? Quite like the detailed drawings etc Found the measurements for chainrings and chainline interesting too but it only goes as far back to the late 2000’s.

Attachments

• IMG_5485.jpeg
    IMG_5485.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 8
Have you looked at all the ones in the Archive and the STI documents that may or may not be linked from there.

I've seen a few, most not for frame building unless there was a big change.
Main one I remember was their dropout spec at the start.
Things didn't change much until BB and rear axles got longer (boost).

The picture just shows the hub specs? Not frame specs?

In the catalogue forum section, hit search and search Shimano in just that section.

Here the STI, unfortunately many of the catalogues and STI etc are too large for our archive currently.

Thanks for sharing, hadn’t seen the older STI catalogues. Finally can confirm the tool I’ve been using to remove that 4 toothed nut at the back of Brifters.
Alas, many STI Catalogues can be dowloaded from the shimano site (from 2004+). Here’s the wierd thing, the 2015-2016 STI catalogue I managed to find, contains more information than is available from the same STI catalogue from the shimano site. More pages too.
Was wondering wether this is extra info they give to frame builders? am I crazy? Have I got nothing else to do with my time :rolleyes:… maybe.

Attachments

• IMG_5487.jpeg
    IMG_5487.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5488.jpeg
    IMG_5488.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5486.jpeg
    IMG_5486.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back