La Vie Claire TVT Experts WANTED

Lots of similarities with Vitus frames. They definitely look like Vitus forks - they look identical to mine:

image.jpg

Now, the Carbone frames came in two tube diameters. The Vitus ones were the smaller diameter and there were some Peugeot team bikes with oversize carbon tubes. You can tell them apart because they had a short alloy adapter between the alloy lug and the carbon tube. Someone posted theirs on here a short time back, but that's all I know about them.

The seat cluster with a pinch bolt was used on some of the early Vitus 979s and was dropped in favour of the grub screw because the seat clusters were cracking. I also notice that your head tube appears to be lugged whereas the 979 headtube and lugs are all one piece. I've not seen a large frame 979 up close to see if it's the same on the bigger bikes.

Re:

No bother, Chris. Dizzi does really good copies and even forwarded me two versions of the Metamorphosis stickers for me to decide which shade was closest to the original. Top chap.

You'll get your Bernard Hinault LOOK decal set from Cyclomondo on ebay or on his site. I have them on my red TVT and they are perfect.

Have you decided on a paint shop yet?

Back