L & M Crankset. Any Info? Any Good?

MAXTHEROTTI":2o2jve7v said:
i got mine all ready cracked :shock:
i knew they were and took the risk
they take my weight (lots) fine
i paid £20 for them

rob

Hi Rob,

Glad they're getting some use finally, knew they'd be fine but I didn't want to break them (plus I had a pair of purple Middleburns knocking around that suited my bike better!).

Cheers
Stu

got some on my 16" RTS, altho not mark as L&M, they look every bit like em, and nice and stiff, and look great

I had a set of their XC cranks, stardrive I think they were called. Very nice they were too, super stiff, lovely polished finish and nice CNC work but spoiled by crap spider bolts made of cheese that sheared off, leaving half a bolt stuck in the drive side arm :evil:

Pleased to say they went to a good home. I sold them on to a teacher who cropped up on here and got his mates in the craft department to retap the bolt hole.. He's most likely still using them to this day. Never seen another set since though..

Attachments

• stardrive_2_119.jpg
    stardrive_2_119.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 961
stu":2zabhimq said:
Hi Rob,

Glad they're getting some use finally, knew they'd be fine but I didn't want to break them (plus I had a pair of purple Middleburns knocking around that suited my bike better!).

Cheers
Stu

i did the old put a bb spindle in a vice and swing on em with a 2 foot steel bar through a old pedal first to be sure tho chap ;)
i figured if i cant make them worse doing it that way then my legs wont worry them too much lol

rob

As someone said earlier in the post the ones you have are the xc version.
I bought a pair of the dh ones that were the same but not milled out on the back. From memory i think the maker was someone that worked for middleburn at the time who moved on to make these. Mine cost £120 with no rings in about 97 or 98. Only got rid last year on a bike that i sold & were still working well then despite have them on 4 or 5 bikes.
Good all round strong crank, Get em on yer bike and ride.

Mike. :p

mynchiboy":ijmcr9wk said:
I had a set of their XC cranks, stardrive I think they were called. Very nice they were too, super stiff, lovely polished finish and nice CNC work but spoiled by crap spider bolts made of cheese that sheared off, leaving half a bolt stuck in the drive side arm :evil:

Pleased to say they went to a good home. I sold them on to a teacher who cropped up on here and got his mates in the craft department to retap the bolt hole.. He's most likely still using them to this day. Never seen another set since though..

Mine i identical to that, just have no markings other than crank length

Back