Kona Kula 94 - respray to 97? (Now with Pics)

sunchaser":377fsj6m said:
I'm liking that original '94 gold. I'd go with that & a set of Gil_m's repro decals.

Your bike your call, though.

:D

+1, i agree the'94 Kula is pretty rare these days, keep it gold.

I would also keep it gold, looks lush.

It was £40 for them to powder coat and they blasted it first.

They wet painted it by mistake though which would normally be £80.

Let me know if you want contact details and I will PM them to you

Agreed the 94 is pretty rare but this is the 2nd 94 frame I have had (the 1st one had a really bad weld job on the seat tube which the seller neglected to advise me about.

The 97 seems even rarer though I have only ever seen 1 on here and 1 on eBay (wish I had bought lol)

And I already have a 96 kula which is "kula" gold and much much prettier.

I really want to make it the same as a 97 kula a nice deep metallic red.

Scarface has had a few frames done at Eli-Flex in Chichester, and highly recommends them.

I've had one done at Finishright in Horsham too, and would recommend them for the price (£60 for a media blast and powdercoat i think , could be wrong though)

There's one along the road in Worthing that I looked at, Vulcan Stove Enamellers i think

How bad are the scratches and chips?, a good bodyshop man would be able to tell you a close colour match or maybe someone like a chips away* person could sort it.
Mind you I've got them out three time now and every time they say the repairs too big :roll:
If you can get all the decals I'd say a full respray could be good, you may even get the same colour in a powder coat.

* other SMART repairers are available.

Back